• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Traveling after surgery -anyone done it or any tips?

sunnyJ

Hi everyone,

I've booked my surgery for London and I'm travelling down from Yorkshire . I'm not staying in the hospital overnight so I'm booking a local ish hotel (so far about 1hr away).

Has anyone done this?? I'm a bit worried about travelling home in the car for 4 hours the day after and breakfast etc.

Thanks x x

I travelled from Belguim . Had op on Tuesday flew on Friday then drove 21/2 hours in car it was ok, just a couple of paracetamol before. Good luck x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Thanks for the reply mrsb.

I travelled to Belgium as well, I went on my own by coach and Eurostar and was fine coming back, the only rough bit was the cab journey to Victoria Coach Station...London roads are bumpy and black cabs not so comfy. Didn't even need any pain relief. In fact I haven't taken any since I left hospital over 6 months ago :p

Lynn x

Also part of the belgium posse, there's a good few of us on here, I flew back, op fri 11th sept, 2 days in hospital then 2 days in hotel over the road then back tuesday, no problems at all (had mini gastric by pass)

Good luck

That sounds great. I too am looking at the Belgium option and doing the euro star. Where did you stay Lynn? What dr did you use?

That sounds great. I too am looking at the Belgium option and doing the euro star. Where did you stay Lynn? What dr did you use?

I went to Dr Chris de Bruyne and you stay in The Lodge hotel in Vilvoorde as part of the package.

Lynn x

Thanks for the info. I have booked a consultation in London for January. Will I be told cost then Lynn? It's great to have this place to hear people's views and opinions.

Thanks for the info. I have booked a consultation in London for January. Will I be told cost then Lynn? It's great to have this place to hear people's views and opinions.

Yes they go through the options and the pricing then, it's very relaxed and informal

Lynn x

What kind of time frame from consult to actual surgery did you have. Is he booked months in advance?i couldn't click your link the other day, it wouldn't open. Will you post it again please Lynn.
BTW I'm Lynn too ?

What kind of time frame from consult to actual surgery did you have. Is he booked months in advance?i couldn't click your link the other day, it wouldn't open. Will you post it again please Lynn.
BTW I'm Lynn too ?

I had my consultation on 12 Feb and my surgery on 31 March. I could have had it a week earlier but this date worked better for me. You may need to get to 20 or 50 posts to read the thread. There are a couple of word games in the chit chat section that you can use to boost your post count.

Lynn x

Sunny - I had a few hours drive back from the hospital. The most uncomfortable part is the seat belt over your tummy so I'd advise taking a cushion or pillow you can slip underneath.

I only found it a bit uncomfortable nearing home on our extremely pot holey and bumpy country lanes

Back