• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Travelling for surgery

I travelled to Belgium on my own when I had my band op. Was a few years ago, I was fine just made sure I had nothing heavy to lift. Will be accompanied for my bypass though.

Yes I am, back to the same surgeon for a revision. The only other guy I would use would be Mr Van Dem Bossche and he is on the South Coast. Just as easy to fly to Belgium from Scotland.

I went to Belgium on my own for my bypass, I travelled by coach and Eurostar and had no problems. I bought a very light holdall on wheels and didn't take too much with me.

Lynn x

I took too much with me for my first surgery in Belgium but packed better for my second surgery but wish I'd brought a slightly larger bag. Best decision was bringing a large towel with me to place on the bed, making it much more comfortable.

Yes I did but I travelled in the car service the hospital group provide, coming home was pretty awful as I had a lot of painful wind, but I think the driver chatted so much I couldn't really relax, you should be fine on the plane, just take it easy only take a very light bag and don't rush x good luck

I was almost going to go for my gastric sleeve surgery in Czech Republic in two weeks alone, if my hubby wasn't able to get time off work but he will be coming now but I think I would have felt confident going alone if I needed to. I think the abroad providers are very supportive-well that is the jist I've got from my phone calls and emails so far good luck with your journey and take care x

Hi everyone,

Hope all the travelling was ok. I'm travelling from Yorkshire to London for mine. Hadnt thought of the journey back in the car... 4 hours :-( I'm going to stay locally the first night then back the day after.

Back