• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Triple appointment tomorrow.

penguina

I have my triple appointment tomorrow but am bricking it as I have not been in a good way :cry: and have put on weight.

I haven't been weighed by anyone since about July 2010 (I got lost in the weight loss clinic system), then I had lost weight from my previous two meeting but I am pretty sure tomorrow when I get weighed I will be back to near my start weight in Sept 2009.

I know all HA's are different and if all goes well tomorrow I should get a date that is within 13 weeks, but could they say No now? I have seen a psychologist twice so I don't think they will send me back there again.

Back in Dec and Jan I had asked the doc for more thyroxine or different anti depressants but I just got well lets sort out your cholesterol and BP first.

Any tips for tomorrow appointment please?

Oo'er I feel very unloved.
Everybody went to bed early and are still in there ;)

I wouldnt worry too much,the reason you need wls is because you struggle with 'normal'diets.Just relax and explain everything.Maz x

Well I am back and it is official... I am a half man, half woman dwarf !

The dietitian wasn't very impressed with me, and thinks my eating habits will be a problem afterwards and my expectations of myself are too high as she had labeled me a binge eater. I hope being honest doesn't scupper my chances when they have their meeting about me.

The date seems to be getting further and further away too. I first thought 10 weeks then was told 13, weeks and today it was the standard 18 weeks. Met a couple of nice ladies who were back for their 6 week check ups, so that bit was nice a kind of mini help meeting (not as good as on here though :D)

So I guess the wait continues. Awwe Gawd I wish I was more patient :rolleyes:

I know the waiting is the pits but when you look back it will seem like the time has flown, good luck hun hope their meeting has a positive outcome for you :D XX

Thanks Jac
And you didn't even pick up on the half man half woman bit!!

I was told today after getting my belly out, that MOST men carry their fat around their organs and MOST women carry it in a layer under the skin - but I have both. First time I have heard that one. That was after being greeted with "Your Short"

The anaesthetist suggested I go and get a prescription now for Omeprazole rather than the rennie that I take myself. IS that what you take after the op too for anti acid?

Hiya, glad you had your meeting, they are so slow at Truro, my friend has been waiting over a year just for a dietician appointment.
Yes, omeprazole is what I take after the op, and was also on it beforehand too.
Thanks for your message too the other day, am still a bit down, but trying to get sorted.
Hope we can meet up soon, take care, chin up xxx

Hi Ya Jan. I am just so grateful that it was Truro or that would have been a long trip up to Taunton. A few hours at Truro was fine (apart from the parking charges) I actually saw Mr Finlay who was very nice but I was down to see a Mr Cota so am not sure who will be doing me.

I did take omeprazole 5 or 6 years back but got the reflux undercontrol a bit my changing my diet and not eating in the evening, so was only taking Rennie when I felt a bit wrong at bedtime.

We must meet up for a cuppa, when you feel like it give us a shout, and I can pinch Mums car and drive into PZ. I can either cheer you up or wallow with you!!

I had omeprazole pre-surgery as I have a hiatus hernia but after surgery Ive been prescribed Lasaprone (sp?)....not very nice of them to call you short lol or politically correct either :D XX

I have always known I am not overweight just vertically challenged Perhaps they should do a rack service on the NHS. I wouldn't mind growing a bit :D

It was the being half male I was more worried about :eek:

Actually maybe it was the other name you said that I was on before. I shall have to check that out, it might have been a bit of brain fog.

Back