• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS - getting messed about!!!!!

The whole appointments system at SRH needs an overhaul as its a shambles.

People have probably heard of my experiences on here before & its been horrendous. I know people who went to the seminars after me have had their bypass & bands fitted. All because I 'slipped' through the net.

Its well over 2 years since I went to my first seminar & I have also lost the weight etc. but its done nothing to help me get my op 'quicker'.

As a comfort eater, I find I'm eating again & have put on most of the weight I had lost.

But I suppose we're all lucky to be getting this on the NHS. I just feel again I'm being treat like a second class citizen 'cos I'm a fat lass!!!

Looks like I'll be having my bypass in November unless they change the goal posts yet again...............

Hi Mamachef and Paul. I just wanted to send you a hug and say I completely get your frustration.

I'm one of those annoying people who are attending Sunderland from elsewhere...but my funding is coming from North Yorkshire.......I was given a choice of Sunderland, York or Hull for surgery. Leeds would've been most convenient but I wasn't offered that.

we chose Sunderland because hubby does't drive but is a Macam so we have friends/relatives in Sunderland he can stay with while I'm in hospital.

In all honesty, hindsight's a wonderful thing, isn't it? I wish in many ways I'd gone for York, not least because I think that the waiting list is shorter and they don't require weight loss pre-surgery.......

.........however Sunderland is it..and I've also had my fair share of disappointments.........

like when I went back for my second appointment after having lost my weight (last September),; fully expecting to be put on the waiting list.........

and got told "oops we should've referred you to see the psychologist, "never mind we'll do it now".....
that took 3 more months, the letter from him saying "ok" took another 2, so I didn't even get on the waiting list until February and then found out in April it was 26 rather than 18 weeks......

in frustration and desperation I rang the secretary for Mr Small and Dr Wells many times at the beginning of this year....finally got SO fed up that I told them their organisation was so bad they were frankly embarrassing........(p*** up in brewery sprang to mind, though I didn't say so!)

and mentioned the potential of a complaint!..........
...........well I hate to be cynical but funny how they suddenly got organised and got their fingers out!.........

so I would say, to cut a long story short (which I didn't, sorry!).......

COMPLAIN..........

and don't think its that someone's more important than you....(it's tempting to feel that but I'm sure this isn't personal, though you feel it; because like me, you're desperate) it's just poor organisation and I think to be fair to them, sheer work load.

Hope that is in some way helpful.

and it's good to vent your feelings.......

and I hope your Mum is better soon.

Love Charis xxx

thats the same as me charis my funding is from the miliatry but im seen at sunderland, as the surgeons there are actually reservists, both Mr Small and i know Mr Balupuri is going Afghan in Jan , he told me at my appointment when chatting i was reallllllly hoping he d do my surgery, and how it looks it wouldnt be done by jan, tho i am under Mr Small and havent met him yet so it could be him... who knows :) xx

Paul ive had a chat with Kim and its a deff no no to ya request as i thought, shes gonna come to Thursdays meetings and she will discuss this with you in person ok hun, thats the best i can do unfortunatley.

Thank you to everyone for your posts, I haven't been on for a few days as my Mam had a heart attack on Friday and was rushed into hospital. So now that is both my parents with heart problems!... We lost Dad 3 years ago this week, so this is even more concerning! Mam is poorly but we are hoping that she recovers from this..fingers and toes crossed x

oo mammachef!! your having a rough time of it... im keeping it all crossed your mum is well again soon here s to a speedt recovery, all the best, hugs xx

Really sorry to hear you are having such a worrying time Mammachef, it's a huge stressful time for you. Sending you a massive hug and sending love... thinking of you all xxx

Thank you to everyone for your posts, I haven't been on for a few days as my Mam had a heart attack on Friday and was rushed into hospital. So now that is both my parents with heart problems!... We lost Dad 3 years ago this week, so this is even more concerning! Mam is poorly but we are hoping that she recovers from this..fingers and toes crossed x

hope your Mam gets better soon, it must be a very worrying time for you xx

Back