• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling with band

pongis

Hi, I haven't been on this forum for a year and a half! I was banded in October 2012 and for 3 months I did brilliantly with the band and lost 3 stone! Then I got pregnant!! ? , all was well until 16 weeks when I developed gestational diabetes and had to have an emergency defill ?
I managed to only put on a stone during the pregnancy due to medication for the diabetes I think and was back to pre pregnancy weight a w
eek after the birth but then all hell broke lose!
The past year the band has been too loose so I've eaten everything in sight! Then too tight so I couldn't eat at all, then too loose again! I got in the habit of eating slider foods when other foods were a struggle and now my son is just over a year old and I'm back to my start weight ?
I've just had a fill on Friday and to be honest I had too much put in and can only have thin liquids, I'm desperate for this band to work again for me as my cover runs out next month and I'll be paying £80 per fill then ?
I'm so fed up, feel like a fool for doing so well and then gaining it all back, I feel like all my friends who know I have a band are laughing at me! Any advise welcome ?

It sounds like you only need a tiny adjustment for it to be right.

I had a 0.5ml fill which made me horribly over-restricted and I had the whole 0.5 taken out two days later. I couldn't even drink tea!

Then later I went back and had just 0.2ml put in, and it's been much better.

I'm not sure what amounts you've had put in but maybe 0.2 or even 0.1ml is all you need - so perhaps have a tiny defill?

Also, maybe stay on liquids and mush for a bit longer to really give it time to settle.

Good luck!

Thanks, i couldn't even drink my coffee this morning, just been sipping water all day, even thin soup is sticking :(
Gonna phone tomorrow to get a defill x

ugh sounds horrible hunni .... hope you manage to get it sorted quickly x x xx sounds like you've have a tough time but a beautiful bouncing baby as a result :) time to get back on track now wishing you all the best.

Thanks I'm just panicking at the moment, I feel shaky, haven't eaten since breakfast on Friday and feel really weak! Provider not answered phone all weekend :(

hope you get this sorted hun! i would defo say just get a tiny defill! and then just start again like back at the beginning tiny meals and see how u go 20/20/20 x x

Back