• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Raw vegetables

elarkins

Just wanted to ask if anyone else with a band has trouble eating raw veges? I ate a chopped up carrot last night and it actually hurt going down :/ I'm 9 weeks post op

Yes I do! raw carrot unless grated is tricky for me. I have to be careful with cooked slices of onion and pepper too.

When you are trying something for the first time post band just make sure you take small bites and really chew xx

I have no trouble with carrots ( unless I dont chew enough etc, and then oh boy ouch it hurts) I find them a great little snack with some hummus.

Just remember every one is different, I cant tolerate raw carrot but Julie can. I'm sure there are things I can tolerate but others cant too xx

Ditto what everyone has said. I can't tolerate raw carrots now :( but others can. Just go with what you feel, take it carefully :)

I was out for lunch last week and had a chefs salad. It came with some raw green beans....OMG....nightmare scenario of almost PBing at the table in a very posh restaurant in Glasgow!!! hahaha. Raw veggies are a pain in the band...avoid or chew...no other way round it cos they ain't going through whole!

Back