• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy Tuck Application

EmDubs

Bleurgh...!
Hi All,

I need to know how this all works. Feel a bit stuck.

I have twice gone to my GP and asked for a tummy tuck as I still look pregnant after having my daughter 4 years ago and both times it has been refused. I (26) have now gone to him a 3rd time and said this is now affecting my marriage so much that my husband (who's 24) sleeps on the sofa and we have not been intimate for the past 4 years. We are now discussing separation and divorce. I cannot bare to even leave the house sometimes and have had the thought I just wanna cut my tummy off myself. I have had a telephone assessment from the local mental health team and they are calling me back next week to let me know what they think will be the best course of action, whether it's surgery or therapy. I have told them I dont want to be on anti-depressants or going to counselling for the rest of my life because that wont take the problem away.

If they come back to me and tell me thats the only option what can I do?

If they say they are referring me for surgery then what happens? How long should I have to wait?

Thank you all.

Hi Em maybe this would get a better response in the plastics section, its rare the nhs will fund tummy tucks, i was lucky i had 1 after my banding but now they are even stopping funding in my area, i hope the Nhs can help you with your problem if not would it not be worth getting a loan and going privatley ?
Let us know how you get on.... thanks from Liz x

Back