• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tuna & Bean Salad

Twiggie

I made this earlier as I'm cutting back on milk and replacing it with a high protein, low carb meal. It's suitable for both pre-op and post-op peeps, and is delicious!

Tuna & Bean salad
1 tin tuna
1/2 tin borlotti beans (could use other beans)
1/2 tin beansprouts (or 100g fresh)
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
pepper

Mix it all together and enjoy! :D

I'd say it would easily make 4 portions for pre-op meal and probably 8 or more portions post-op. I've just eaten 1/4 of it and feel stuffed!

Nutrition per 1/4 portion:
Energy - 64 kcals
Protein - 11g
Carbs - 0.15g
Fat - 0.2g

Sounds lovely Twiggie, have you tried endame beans - high in protein and very nice with tuna!

Sounds lovely Twiggie, have you tried endame beans - high in protein and very nice with tuna!

I really want to try these beans out, but can't find a supermarket that stocks them. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to buy some?

I really want to try these beans out, but can't find a supermarket that stocks them. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to buy some?

I've just checked on mysupermarket.co.uk and Tesco & Asda sell them as part of a ready made salad, but Waitrose also sell them on their own in bags, ready shelled.

Perhaps we should all email the various customer services and demand they stock 'em for us! :8855:

Back