• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tuna help?

Natstar

Hi all,

I'm on my first week of purée and just wondering as I am going out to dinner tonight if tuna mayo is classed as a soft/purée food?

If so I was thinking of ordering it with a JP off the kids menu so I could eat the tuna and a mouthful of mash. If its not I will probably just skip eating tonight and have a glass of oj with the family.

Nx

I would say it's more soft food than puree. Im sure the restaurant your going to will have mash and gravy on the menu or a thick soup or something ? at least you can eat with your family then, instead of sitting there with nothing.

I had tuna on soft food stage, but not pureed. if you are on pureed then i would avoid it unless the restaurant will puree it down for you... if you are on soft food stage.. then it will be ok... mash it well with your fork and chew lots xx

I had tuna on soft food stage, but not pureed. if you are on pureed then i would avoid it unless the restaurant will puree it down for you... if you are on soft food stage.. then it will be ok... mash it well with your fork and chew lots xx

yep... me too, with a little aunt bessies mash, but maybe latter stage of pureed, mine kinda got thicker as the week went on, by the time i was on mash, i could stand a spoon up in my puree!! also tip on mash stage... i grated meat! had ww sausage and mash and beans ... grated sausage... also pork chop grated well. mash stage rocks..... it felt like meeting an old friend!! good luck

Ooooh thanks all! Well I didn't op for tuna instead I had 2 teaspoons of mashed chips off my sisters plate and was satisfied so didn't have anymore!

Home now to have a protein shake but cannot wait to try out the grated meat mmmm I've got lots of yummy things in the fridge ready to mash up soon and custards, yogurts etc mmmm planning my tea already lol!

I did the same as Kate and grated a lot of things lol... fish was easy. My friend also lent me this little mincer gadget thingy... you put the meat in and close it up and the meat comes out the bottom like mince... i guess its called a mincer lol

I had kippers and white fish during the purée stage, although I did blend them. I just presumed it would be OK. I must admit that the mayonnaise would have scared me more than the tuna itself, due to my fear of dumping.

I used to puree my meat and sprinkle it over the veg at first then used to put it in a separate litle pile and each veg separate eventually to so that it looked likea dinner not just soup even though it was all puree i could get the different tastes, even had stuffing with chicken and mint sauce with beef all blended down to a fine powdery/pulp but tasted ok so you don't hav to go with out as long as its lean, really enjoyed that stage. xx The flavours were amazing it was like trying things for the fist time, xx

Back