• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Two weeks out!

Kristymichele

Hi! I'm two weeks out from my gbs (open rny). I'm new here and just wanted to say hello.

My name is Kristy. The biggest problem I have right now is handling my thirst. I feel very thirsty all the time. It is driving me crazy because I obviously can't just gulp down a bunch of liquids!

Any advice?

Thanks, kristy

Hi Kristy i'm sorry i can't advise not had my surgery yet i'm sure someone will be along soon with some idea's just wanted to say hi and congrats on your op x

Last edited:
Ice cubes melted in the mouth are good :)

Welcome along :)

Hi and welcome...

I know the feeling sometimes i just want to knock back pints of liquid but what i do now is take a sip and roll it round in my mouth before swallowing - it makes me not gulp and refreshes my mouth more.

although - sometimes i forget and gulp and then it hurts...:-(

hi kristy and welcome to the mad house. have you tried carrying a bottle with a sports top on it, and just sipping at it a lot, thats what i did, and it was also easier to work out how much i was drinking as well. plus you dont tend to get too much in your mouth so wont hurt when u swallow. hugs, and congrats on your surgery, xxxx

Hi Kristy and welcome to the forum, Mixxys suggestion of ice cubes is a good one. I also got some sugar free ice pops and sucked on them when I was extra thirsty. :D XX

Thanks for the tips and welcomes. At least within the past day or two I can fo more than sip ( thank goodness )!

WLS 1/19/11
Down at least 25 pounds!

I've got a terrible thirst, but have a glass of cold water at my side always, since I'm not going out yet and I sip and sip on this... it's natural and so good for us... plus I'm getting used to not gulping in my usual fashion, so swill in your mouth so it slows down the swallowing and I'm avoiding the pain that goes with drinking or eating too fast... I've learned to use a smaller teaspoon too... take it easy and good luck xxx

Sugar free tip tops, ice lollies, also mini milk ice lols are good because you get the milk in too.

Where are you based Kirsty? I had my surgery 'open' because Wolverhampton pct won't pay for keyhole xx

Back