• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

two weeks post op after band reposition due to slip

Mandie37

Hi all

I had my band repositioned with surgery two and a half weeks ago.

It is currently empty but I am really really really struggling with the liquid stage.

I was asked to stick to liquid only for 4 weeks due the problems of the slip last time. He said he wanted to air on the side of caution. Today I feel I have really let myself down. I haven't had anything major. Just a bit of cheese and a tiny bit of cooked tomato (mushed down) from my husbands breakfast :(

Im just so miserable and hungry. Soups, complan and yoghurts are just not filling me at all. My band feels absolutely fine and im having no problems. I know I shouldn't have done it but I did chew until it was complete mush.

Any advice would be really helpful as I have just under another two wekks of liquids to go.

Thanks

Mandie

That sounds awful chick :( I'm sure you haven't done any harm but I would really really try to stick to the liquid it's for less than 20 days and the last you want is further surgery xxxx

Awww hunni i feel for you :( i'm sure no harm done but be sure to stick to the rules, i know it must be really difficult but don't take the risk of further complications x x x x hugs

Hi Mandy
Can I ask how you have got on after your reposition? I have just found out I need one
Also did you have to pay privately if so can you give me an idea of the cost and recommend anyone I am in the Manchester area as we'll xx

I know how miserable you must feel hun. I was sick of liquids and starving after two weeks, never mind four. Hang in there and try to think it's a short time in the grand scheme of things. You'll be on mushies before you know it but you have to have an iron will in the meantime with no more cheese & tomato!!

Good luck!!

Back