• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trying to decide

Mandie37

Hi all

I am just looking for any advice regarding a band or balloon.

I have the choice of either of these and am really unsure about which to choose.

I have recently lost 3st on lighter life but most of it has crept back on and don't seem able to do it again and not through lack of trying.

I have horrendous knee problems and need to get this weight off, approx 4 stone in total.

Can anyone offer me any advice on which is the best option, cost, pain of surgery etc.....

Would really appreciate any advice.

Many thanks

Mandie

I can only advise re band. You need to review your eating habits and be honest! If you pile your plate high then it will help...if you snack on bits n bobs it wont be as effective and could prove more challenging! Pain wise-most people are back to work 1-2wk later fully recovered. Good luck!

Hi

Don't know for sure so don't quote me on this but it is my understanding that with the ballon you can only eat liquids, if that true do you want that sort of restriction. Also when your weight gets down to something more healthy they will probably take the ballon out, can you trust yourself not to go back to your old eating habits just because you can, most other WLS is perminant or as near perminant as you can get, so it will always control your weight.

Paul

Personally I would say band as I has the balloon an had a bad experience. However on you can make the decision so do lots of research and read people diaries that will help give you an idea of what's involved.

Also remember a balloon will have to come out after 6 months or so where as a band can stay in so more chance of keeping it off!

Nx

When you go and talk to your provider about your eating habits etc they will advise what they think is the best procedure for you. xx

Back