• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Uglyduck16 - needing some support!!

I was told AFTER the op, and my nerve damage was caused by my being fat not lack of nutrients. It's the repairing that's now hard for me because I have struggled to get a healthy diet.

Most of what I know or found out was after the op, my hospital was very poor at supplying me with info, I still to this day have never spoken to the dieticn about post op diet, I'm still waiting for her phone call...............pmsl.

Nerve damage and musscle tissue loss generally come from low protien intake and poor nutrition intake, I had a tough time taking anything in for the first 5 months post op so I suffered probably a bit more than most seem to, but the ********oligist (whatever he was)lol told me that nerve problems is very common especially in people who don't focus on nutritional intake.
This operation is ALL about post op care of yourself, the op itself is so safe it's untrue it's long term that the real problems can start.

Update - protein boost!!

Hi All,

Just a quick update - Lizzie is still in hospital BUT is eating well and getting her 90 grams of protein in a day with the help of 3 whey drinks plus good food AND she has lost 4 lbs this week. Although she is still in a lot of pain she says that she no longer feels so weak. She is beginning to work on building up her muscles - it is going to be a long haul but I now believe that she WILL get there!!! She looks more like her old self - they yellow circles under her eyes have gone!

Thank you all for your support,
xx jo xx

Thats fantastic news Jo, goes to show what a difference good nutrition can make!

thats so good to hear Jo, thanks for the update. Hope she continues to improve and that you can have her home with you soon xx

jo i am sooo relieved to hear that. So glad that you were able to get to the meet last week hopefully this is now the turning point.
Give her my love and take time for yourself
carole
ps will leave the post to run for a couple of days then email you again

Back