• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

unbelievable!!

candie

fabby not flabby :)
As a few of you know, I have been waiting for surgery since I saw my consultant in Dec.He initially told me it would be April, then I waited and got a call for the op to be mid June.It was then cancelled with no reason given.:mad:
I rang today to chivvy them along, and they informed me that my surgeon wont be operating for the forseeable future :eek::eek::eek:and I will have to have one of the other surgeons:(
I wanted Mr Brough as he had a good rep but am not sure about the others, n have been on to the PCT, about changing hosps, and they said they will call me back:(
I wish they had let me know earlier though that he wasn't doing my op:mad:
Sorry to moan, but am feeling very down, and not sure I can maintain my weight for much longer, as per the criteria for the op:(

Oh Candy, so sorry hun. That is the pits. As far as the weight loss, you have a strong case to plead about gaining. If you were able to easily maintain your weight over 6 months then I bet you wouldn't be right for the surgery and make sure you remind them of that! You have so much right to complain, please be sure you do because this is just not right for them to jerk you around.

Hugs hun and moan all you like, we are here for you. PM if you wanna chat!

Nic:D

Oh Candie that is terrible. Why do they think they have the right to mess with your life like that, as if its nothing?

Keep your chin up hun and don't give up, be strong and carry on fighting.

oh candie im so sorry to hear this, they have no right to treat you this way and also keep you in the dark, definatley put in a complaint as it may speed up getting another op with a different surgeon.

Thanks girlies!! I have tried to be patient but this was the last straw.I have more or less kept my weight the same but if I have to wait much longer it will go up, as if I could control it I wouldn't be this fat to start with:sigh::sigh:
I will ring both the hosp and pct tomoz again, and start a whinging campaign;):D

oh candie that is awful news you poor thing.you keep on that phone now an take no prisoners,sending you love an hugs take care luv debbie:grouphugg:

hi Candie that is ridiculous and so disapointing for you have you checked out the reports of the other surgeons maybe other bypassers have been done by them so dont despair just use it to get the op done sooner rather than later

So sorry to hear about your problem with your surgeon - that is really unfair but you will more than likely be priority on the other surgeons lists (well you would hope so)

Sending you hugs with fairy dust to ease you despair and hope get you that op date you so rightly deserve x

candie im sorry to hear you are being messed around.similar thing happened to PG and myself but all came good and we gor a much better surgeon because of it.
take care
carole
ps are you coming to manchester meet would be great to see you again

hi candie sorry to hear of your problems mr bough was also my consultant. he did my op in april but for my post op check i have been moved over to another one of the cons there. i rung to ask why as i wanted to talk the op through with mr brough but was told he was 'taking a break' (i do have an inkling why) i know other people who have had their ops with other cons at macclesfield and have also had nothing but praise for them. hope all gets sorted for you soon.

Halve me I have an idea why he's "having a break too", just wish they'd bloody let me know before now:mad::mad::mad:I feel like i've been misled as he himself told me April when I went to see him in Dec:cry::cry:
PS not sure about the meet up yet Carole, although would love to see you again hun x

MMM the plot thickens:rolleyes:The hosp have now denied telling me Mr Brough is having a break:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:The lady from the PCT luckily believes me and is investigating;):D

What are they playing at. This is just wrong.
Keep fighting Candie.

really? thats not what was said to me either?? (if you need back up to this just let me know!) why cant they make their minds up and give an honest answer? hope the pct can do something to help. x

really? thats not what was said to me either?? (if you need back up to this just let me know!) why cant they make their minds up and give an honest answer? hope the pct can do something to help. x
Thanks hun.The lady at the PCT is investigating what's going on, and luckily realises I am telling the truth.God knows what they are playing at:mad::mad:

Oh Candie I am so sorry your appt has been cancelled. Why did he tell you April if he was going to have a break? It doesn't make sense so I am glad the pct are looking into it for you. Hope you get sorted soon. Take care.

Hi Candie

I am waiting for a date from Mr Agwunobi, was told end of May, then end of June and now being told July/August. I pushed Emma in admin and she told me that a surgeon was 'taking a break' so his patients are being pushed into the other surgeons' list.

Mr Agwunobi was so lovely at my first appointment and seems to have a great record.

Hope this puts your mind at rest a little, it is not just you that is being messed about by the Regency. I am writing to hospital management as feel that we should have been given this information and not just left about waiting.

Hope you get your date soon.

Lx

Back