• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Unscheduled Hospital Stay

Hope you are feeling better now x

Hi sorry to hear you've been poorly, hope you're feeling better soon x

All these gallbladder posts are making me feel so comforted because I have been battling a case of nasty gallstones for weeks now.

Back on 23 March I was sitting in the library at uni and right after eating lunch was hit with the absolute WORST pain I have ever felt in my life. It just kept building and building and coming in sickening waves. My friend looked at me and could tell I was in some serious trouble so she got me out of the library and helped walk me to the hospital which is thankfully right next to uni.

I ended up vomiting all over the A&E bathroom when we got there. When they finally took me back I was writhing in pain, yelling, and feeling like I was going insane acting like a total freak curled up in a ball on the bed moaning to the doctor that he had to help me. They gave me two doses of morphine and a few doses of tramadol but nothing seemed to work. The pain just kept coming in waves. The doctor didn't seem to grasp just how awful I felt. He eventually ordered an x-ray of my abdomen which saw nothing. Eventually after about 8 hours of living hell, the pain finally subsided but at that point I'd been admitted to the hospital for the night.

The next day since the pain had stopped, they released me but I insisted that they put an order in for an ultrasound because I knew what ever caused that awful awful pain needed to be sorted. 6 weeks later I finally got booked in for the ultrasound (thankfully in the meantime I only had minor abdominal pain). Right away the ultrasound tech saw the stones.

Now it's been nearly two weeks since my scan and my pain is getting worse again and I am constantly uncomfortable. I saw my GP this past week who said that she'd contact the consultant from the hospital who ordered the scan to see about getting me referred to the proper consultant to get this sorted. She said in the meantime all I can do is stick to a low fat diet which does keep the pain at bay but I am still constantly feeling intense pressure, bloating, and overall general discomfort.

I am trying to stay positive but I have to admit it's hard because I physically feel so bad (the highly restrictive diet doesn't help my mood either). Also, coming from the US I am used to medical stuff like this getting done quickly. My mom had her gallbladder removed and it happened within a week of her finding out she had them. I really hope it doesn't take 4 months to get surgery like one member told me he saw on an NHS site. :(

On a positive note, at least I know I'll be able to handle childbirth pains when the time comes.

OUCHIE!!
gallstones are sooooo painful :cry:

i hope they whip it out when they do ur bypass... do good to get rid...

hope you're feeling a lot better now..x

Back