• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update 11 months in

Summerband

Mini update......It has been way too long!

Things are going well, slow but good. I have lost 45 lb's total, in 11 months and I have another 35lbs to go, which is not bad.

I have been getting fills quite spaced out. I had several in the first few months of being banded between 29th of June and up to mid October. Then I left it as it felt like I had good restriction, but I also was very much in the right mind frame.

I had another fill in January and I have one booked for June 14th. I have 7.25ml in my band.

Right now, I forget I have restriction. I can eat absolutely anything...well not found anything that won't go down. Bread products are the ones I have to be most careful with, as if I eat too quick or don't chew enough they get stuck for about a minute (tight) and then go through. I very rarely eat this stuff as it makes me feel sluggish, bloated and is just not worth it.

I do follow 20:20:20 religiously and so my portions are easily controlled. I eat a lunch plate size meal in the evening and this is really filling.

In case anyone is interested I aim for 1200 to 1300 cals a day so a daily menu for me is something like this:

7.30am Nescafe Cappucino sachet 90 cals

10.30am Danio Yoghurt 160 cals

1.00pm Wafer thin ham (few slices) 50cals, half a tub of low fat cottage cheese 100 cals, banana 80. water

4.00pm Cappucino sachet 90cals Belvita type biscuits 220cals or something else which is naughty and hits the spot (up to those sort of cals)

7.00pm Baked to Perfection Fish or cooked chicken on steamed Veg (300-400cals) water

9.00pm Cappucino sachet 90cals

I know I could easily cut more out or change the Cappucino for a healthier version and swap my afternoon treat for some fruit.

But to be honest, right now I am happy. I really do not feel like I am dieting, being deprived or missing out. I think that's why I get a shock when I see I have lost weight. I don't loose every week and when I do it is only a pound or two. But I think that I will keep loosing if I just keep doing what I am.

I can still eat out, just less and slower! But it takes me the same time to eat a starter or half a main as it takes everyone else to eat a huge plate full, so I am never sitting there watching others eat! I sometimes get bored and give up! Sometimes I dream of woofing something down!

Also I can drink through a straw with no probs, and I can drink fizzy (very, very occasionally) and slowly, but again, I am living life very normally! I have only pb'd two or three times ever and that was with raspberries????

Seriously I would do it again in a heart beat! Now running Race for Life this year!

I hope all you other banders are having a positive time too.

xx

fantastic its love to hear to good from a longer termed bander :) congrats on the losses and gl for the rest..........sounds to me like you've got it spot on...... living with the band doing its job without it controlling your life :) i like that living in balance :) perfect x x x

Great post. Well done on your loss, but even bigger well done on your attitude. Positivity is key. Cut out some of the things you enjoy and it can feel like a diet to be broken. I love the fact you have found what works for you and are sticking with it. Carry on enjoying the happy balance and carry on losing xxxx

Thank you for that. I have had my band now for just over 6 weeks and taking into account the pre op diet have lost about 20lbs. I have been beating myself up over the last few days as I went out on the town Friday and Saturday this week and I shouldn't have but I stood on the scales and they say I have gained. I know what you are saying is right, the weight is not going to come off overnight and I want to live as normal a life as possible. I love your attitude and your post has given me a wee boost.

:):D:D

Back