• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update on band surgery !

Sarahxxx

Had my band fitted at Dolan park on tues at about 3:30 , in a lot of pain at the min so feeling a bit down:( nothing I take seams to help with the pain and still got a lot of gas pain as well and very swollen but it's early days still :eek: , had some soup yesterday and smoothie but not much really , just can't wait to feel normal again and start my new life :) xxx

Bless ya still waiting for mine, wonder if everyone feels rough after? Hope you fel better soon x

I'm sorry you feel so yuck Sarah. I don't see how much weight you have to lose from your details but I felt pretty horrendous after mine which I put down to having 16stone to lose.
I was just really unfit and my poor body in such a bad way that it took me a whole week of lots of painkillers and feeling awful before I even got out of bed much.
I think just keep up the painkillers and wind relief and don't be scared to call your team for advice and reassurance as well.
This will pass and you will be feeling much better soon I'm sure.
It's very easy to expect a quick recovery as we always compare ourselves to others , especially if they say they were quick to feel better... you will get over it at the rate that applies to you..but stay in touch with your team to be on the safe side.

Hope your feeling better soon, good luck and keep us updated.

:grouphugg:

Neen said:
I'm sorry you feel so yuck Sarah. I don't see how much weight you have to lose from your details but I felt pretty horrendous after mine which I put down to having 16stone to lose.
I was just really unfit and my poor body in such a bad way that it took me a whole week of lots of painkillers and feeling awful before I even got out of bed much.
I think just keep up the painkillers and wind relief and don't be scared to call your team for advice and reassurance as well.
This will pass and you will be feeling much better soon I'm sure.
It's very easy to expect a quick recovery as we always compare ourselves to others , especially if they say they were quick to feel better... you will get over it at the rate that applies to you..but stay in touch with your team to be on the safe side.

Iv got about 9 stone to lose :( but I'll get there :) , I dont feel unwell in myself I don't regret having it done but the pain is a lot worse then I thought or been told it would be , just want to feel normal again but stones lighter and hopefully soon :) , thank u for ur encouragement it means so much to here the good side of all this , big hugs Sarah xx

Aww Bless Sarah, we are thinking of you it's very early days, a few days makes a huge difference.

Rest and take it easy Angel and keep in touch.

I sipped peppermint tea for the wind...

Love and hugs xxx

Hi Sarah - Afraid some pain is to be expected after surgery; and it can vary from person to person. I felt I had been kicked in the stomach by a horse for a couple of days, but it will get better each day! Hope it passes before too long hun x

Sometimes if you move about gently at home; it can help relieve the wind pain (lets the gas escape) and as long as you listen to your body and not overdo things; I`m sure you will be fine.

Plenty of rest, a gentle little walk about and keep sip sip sipping and you will soon be on the road to recovery.

And if you need painkillers, take them thats what they`re for.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery x

Love Kat x

Are you feeling better yet? Hope so, thinking of you. My time soon fingers crossed x

mandymoo said:
Are you feeling better yet? Hope so, thinking of you. My time soon fingers crossed x

Yes feeling loads better now thanks , it takes a good few days to start to feel better but when u do it's a telly good feeling knowing ur on the mend :) , good luck with ur op big hugs sarahxx

Sarahxxx said:
Yes feeling loads better now thanks , it takes a good few days to start to feel better but when u do it's a telly good feeling knowing ur on the mend :) , good luck with ur op big hugs sarahxx

Thanks Sarah, good to hear your feeling better xx

KaeKaysMom said:
You should be feeling better now. How are things?

I'm feeling a lot better excepted got a bloody tickley cough I'm my throat and everytime I cough it pulls on my tummy :( other then that I think I'm getting there ;) xx

Back