• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

update on me by me!!!!!!!

uglyduck16

Hiya guys!!
I am just out to spend a bit of time at home to get a change of scene from the hospital, it is also my mums b'day today and we have been out for lunch which was cool.
I am plodding on, I am making progress, I have started to try some stairs in physio but it started off my other neuropathic (sp?) pains afterwards....but I think it is one of those things where I have got to go through the pain to get the gain and maybee the pain might be a good thing, I dunno, maybe it means I am getting better!! They have said another week so I can build up more stairs each day in physio and become more confident on them and also to try and get my head around all the diet stuff a bit. I am going o see the dietician again on wednesday (well I hope so anyway!), thats the day she is in and I am hoping she will help me write out a sort of menu kinda thing of what I can eat for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and tea- like have choices of this, this or this?? I am trying to write down all the foods I like so she could then do it.
I am just getting so fed up of eating tuna salad!!! When I get home I will be able to have more varitey, but it is getting a bit boring.
I thought when I had this bypass I would be able to eat anything but just smaller portions and healthy meals but now it doesnt seem to be the case it is all about getting high protein foods and getting my 90-120g of protein in a day!!! :sigh:
I have lost 4 1/2 stone though since my op, which does rock and at the time I did not see any other way out, I just want to try and find a way to make all this protein food more interesting and enjoyable!!! I am lovin' the soya beans that HC suggested- I think they where a very good find, they rock!!:D
Anywayz hope you are all doing OK,
:party0011: Xxxx em xxxX :party0011:

Hi em you sound as if you are doing brilliantly with the physio keep going and you'll soon be home
I know what you mean about the protein thing, I am awaiting op, but have been a bit confused by some people saying they can eat anything, just less, and some saying they have problems getting the amount of protein in that they need a day, which sounds like they spend all day worrying about what they are going to eat next, which is one of the things I dont want to have to do
Maybe everyone is different

Love Jay xx

Hi ya, glad things are slowly starting to get better. 4 1/2 stone is pretty amazing!

Hi Lizzie. So happy to hear from you hun. I am also glad that you are making some progress on your mobility. You keep working at it. If you do get your dietician to set a plan out for your menus, would you mind sharing it here? Others might find it helpful.

Unfortunately, the gastric bypass does come with strings attached and anyone who says different is wrong. The focus on good nutrition and supplements is with you forever, you do have to 'work' with your bypass in order to stay healthy as you get slim. The days of eating only rubbish are gone. However, once you get your head around it, it won't seem like a high price to pay, promise! You keep up your good work & you'll find it becomes routine after a while. And you can have some rubbish every once in a while so don't worry, it just has to change from all the time to some of the time.

(((Hugs)))
Nic:p

fabulous loss and good luck with physio and getting home really soon

great to see a post from you hun. I have been thinking about you. xx

Fabulous weight loss you must be so chuffed - sending hugs with fairy dust to help with your mobility/and physio x

Back