• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hiya Everyone!! I am home :-D

uglyduck16

Hiya everyone!! :wavey:
It feels so good to be home....thank you all so much for your support and lovely messages whilst I have been in hospital, it has really shown who my real friends are and you all totally rock :grouphugg:
I went though a phase where I was really regretting having my gastric bypass done and was really angry with healthy weight- the company who I went with. I felt like it was just not what I had signed up for- they said to me that I would be able to eat a healthy diet but smaller meals eating from a side plate and could eat anything in moderation. The doctor also said that eating was not really that important and that my body has a supply of vitamins to live off and I can survive fine without food. But I lost so much muscle tone and weight that that is how I think I hurt myself when I went to reach over in bed to stroke my cat.
It was only when I came to the brum meet and met others who had the bypass that we where talking to Nic and Carole and they where telling us about the importance of protein in my diet and the amount I should be getting in each day! When I met the dietician in hospital she advised that I should be having 90-120g of protein a day all within 1000cals but not to go over 120g of protein as too much protein can damage my liver so it is a hard balancing act!!! I was so fed up because it just felt like protein protein protein and was just getting really boring- I was getting so fed up of tuna salad (not much variety in hospital!), I said if I had any more tuna I will turn into a bloomin' fish!!! :D
Now that I am home though it is easier to keep track of what I am eating and adding up the grams of protein I am having and also I can have more variety so it is not boring!!! I am sort of getting into the swing of it now adding up what I am having each day---I will get there!!! ;)
I was on such a lovely ward when I was in hospital and the staff totally rocked...it made me have a think about my career and wanting to work in health and social care- after half term I am going to go into college and ask about doing a health and social care course. :cool:
Anyway this post is getting long :rolleyes: so I had better shut up!!
Chat soon everyone xx
:party0011: Xxx em xxX :party0011:

Hi am i am so glad your now getting things sorted, it is a balancing act, i am currently trying to call my GP to find out the results of my blood work done on friday, this is the first i will have had since my op. It is important to try and balance the meals, the suppliments can only give you so much help.

Good luck with your future plans :)

So glad your back and everything has gone ok - and now your a member of the losers bench.

Looking forward to seeing your weight loss and then you will be just as healthy and attractive as those people you see (but even better)

Sending you hugs with fairy dust to keep you on a good recovery road x

great to see that you're home and you seem in a much more positive frame of mind and thats great as for your proetin you are going in the right direction and it will become second nature and as you say now you are home there is more variety and choice and that will make it easier to manage. Look forward to speaking to you soon x

Hi Duck
Sorry to interrupt as I dont think we've spoken before, but I just wanted to say hello, and Im glad your feeling better. Im even more glad that you have taken such a huge positive from your situation and are thinking or studying and working in that field! Good for you!
Anyway - Hope you keep up with the positivity and the protein issues :D xxx

Hey Em, great to see you posting. Welcome home.

I'm so glad that you are home and feeling stronger. Hows the weight loss? How are you feeling now in yourself hun?

Hi em this is one of the bestest post i have ever seen. So glad you are back home and look at you all positive and planning your future.
It was such a pleasure meeting you and your mum at the brum meet and was only glad that i was able to offer some advice to help you.
Health and social care is a fantastic field to work in and there are so many different aspects to it.
take care and keep up the positive progress you have made
carole

Hiya Everyone!!
Thank you so much for all your lovely supportive replies- you really do rock!! :D:D:D:D:D
Hi tendersage! Thank you for your message. I hope your blood results where OK? You are right the supplements can only give you so much, but tbh I don't see how I can get all my protein in without having one of the protein shots daily.
Hi topsy! Thank you for your message! I was in hospital because I had hurt my pelvis and was in a bit of a pickle so went in for some rehab having physio, seeing the dietician etc. I did loose weight whilst I was in hospital though ... 10lbs in 3 weeks :p ;)
Hiya terri! Thanx for your message, as you say I am sure I will get my head around all this protein lark and that it will become second nature to me soon- it is just taking a while to get my head around to work it all out each day!! I am feeling more positive though and I am determined to get there. x
Hiya salski!! Thank you so much for your message!! 'Hello' back to you!! You must have joined whilst I was having fun in hospital- I have got a connective tissue disorder and have to keep my muscles quite strong, I thought I had build all my muscles up and was doing really well as I was going to the gym twice a week and had just ditched by crutches and was doing a lot more walking. But I think with having the bypass and loosing weight quickly, and also not knowing about having to have all this protein each day I had lost a lot of muscle tone and that is how I came to hurt my pelvis when reaching over in bed to stroke my cat!! Sound so silly because that is all I did- I was lying in bed and went to stroke Charlie, my cat and something just clicked. Anyway...I now know though about the importance of having protein in my diet each day, and am just thankful to everyone who has helped me! p.s thankyou for the bit in your message where you say you like how I am taking the positive out of it- I always try and look on the positive when I can ;)
Hiya Diana!! Hello to you too!! Thank you for your message. You are right about taking things in bite sized chunks, one step at a time- I WILL get there!!! hehehe!!! I am a very determined person and once I set my mind onto something I can do it!
Heya sam!! Thank you for your message! It feels sooo good to be home and in my own bed again- nobody coming around at 6.30 am saying 'GOOD MORNING', all bright and chirpy asking if I want a cup of tea- way to bloody early!!! I am determined to get off my crutched again, it is painful but I am not using them around the house and really trying to build my muscles up again. I amazed at how tired I am getting still though, my friend came round the other day and we where only watching a DVD and I was really having to fight it not to drop off!! I am still loosing weight, I can tell by my clothes falling off me!! hehehe!! How are things going with you?? xx
Heya carole, thank you as always for your lovely supportive message, you really do rock!!! :D I really am feeling so much more positive now and I am determined to get there with everything- PMA all the way!!!!
Hiya fat-girl-slim, Thank you for your message of support, it really does mean a lot ;)

:party0049: xxx Thank you again everyone- you all rock!!! xxx:party0049:

Hiya Em, so glad to see you back here and out of hospital. It is a hard thing to get your mind around bypass nutrition but I know you will get it. So lovely to know that this tough expereince has given you a new positive direction for your future, You Rock!!!

Big hugs to you dear and keep us posted!

Nic:D

Back