• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update on Tendersage (Di)

topsy

Have just heard from Di and she is ok - her gallbladder was very inflammed and the stones had formed a fistula with the colon.

So hole had to be repaired and things are now looking better. Gallbladder was very inflammed before Di went in but she had no symptoms.

She is on water and they are keeping her in for another day to make sure she is ok.

Thanks Topsy, hope she feels a lot better soon. x

Aww poor di:(send her get well wishes from me please x:D

Thank you for updating us. I am so glad they are keeping such a close eye on her.

Di was seen later in the afternoon by her doctor who would like to keep her now until Friday. She is in a lot of pain and they are not exactly on time with the painkillers - will let me know tomorrow how she is feeling xx

Thanks for the update Topsy can you pass on my regards if you have contact with her again please. I hope they ge tthis sorted for her soon I really do :(

Thank you Topsy for keeping us updated.

Please let her know we're thinking of her and look forward to her posting back in Mini's soon.

(((hugs)))

Hi everyone thanks for you kind wishes and get wells, just got home and feeling tired just from the journey.

Was pretty harrowing there for a while, both Mannur and the registrar commented to me that they have never seen a gall bladder so bad, and i believe it eneded up as their only op that morning, as i did not get out of recovery until 1pm and morning ops finished at 12pm.

firstly i had a LOT of adhesions that needed to be got through as a result of the gastric bypass, then when they got there they found my gallbladder had fused with the colon, with stones being imbedded. Obviously this was extremely dangerous and i was very lucky as they had created holes, and apparently there was at least one large one.

Anyway they removed the gallbladder as it could not remain and sewed up the holes, but due to the amount of handling my guts needed time to become active again. Yes i am still in a lot of pain, but i am ALIVE and doing well.

I am now on 3 different pain killers tramadol (mild opiate) Diclofenace and paracetamol which is used to boost the effectiveness of the other two.

My Dietitian also said he had had the same comment off mannur about the state of my gallbladder when he spoke to me earlier. I am back on sloppy foods for a few days and portions are right back to the start due to inflamation ect. I will build up again slowly.

I have been signed off work for 3 weeks and iff i need more have to go back to my GP for another week

Di, So glad to hear you are on the mend. Sounds like they caught it just in time. Take great care of yourself. When I had my gsll bladder removed 10 years ago I had keyhole surgery and had 4 weeks off work. The reason I'm telling you this is because you must take enough time off to recover. Mine was straightforward, you have been through the wringer!!! take care. x x

It's lovely to see you back. You have been through such a lot - I hope you feel better soon. Marion xx

(((HUGS))) I am so glad they caught it. Mine was a similar problem and I had to have part of the liver removed as well due to the stones. Just take care of yourself and take time healing.

Hi everyone thanks for you kind wishes and get wells, just got home and feeling tired just from the journey.

Was pretty harrowing there for a while, both Mannur and the registrar commented to me that they have never seen a gall bladder so bad, and i believe it eneded up as their only op that morning, as i did not get out of recovery until 1pm and morning ops finished at 12pm.

firstly i had a LOT of adhesions that needed to be got through as a result of the gastric bypass, then when they got there they found my gallbladder had fused with the colon, with stones being imbedded. Obviously this was extremely dangerous and i was very lucky as they had created holes, and apparently there was at least one large one.

Anyway they removed the gallbladder as it could not remain and sewed up the holes, but due to the amount of handling my guts needed time to become active again. Yes i am still in a lot of pain, but i am ALIVE and doing well.

I am now on 3 different pain killers tramadol (mild opiate) Diclofenace and paracetamol which is used to boost the effectiveness of the other two.

My Dietitian also said he had had the same comment off mannur about the state of my gallbladder when he spoke to me earlier. I am back on sloppy foods for a few days and portions are right back to the start due to inflamation ect. I will build up again slowly.

I have been signed off work for 3 weeks and iff i need more have to go back to my GP for another week

Blimey Di

You had a very lucky escape with regards to the bowel.

So glad you are on the mend now.

(((hugs)))

Thanks everyone and i am taking all the time off i need i will go back to the GP for more off if i need it but i also need to use some holiday tme up as we are almost halfway through the year and i ahve not even used one of the 5 weeks i get. So i will be well rested before i do.

I am not going to be overdoing it either i have my brother Dave and his partner debbie here until thursday which means all cleaning ext will get done and i womnt need to lift carry ect but i do have to be mobile and move around, so i might take slow short walks with them

Back