• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update on Tendersage (Di)

Thanks everyone and i am taking all the time off i need i will go back to the GP for more off if i need it but i also need to use some holiday tme up as we are almost halfway through the year and i ahve not even used one of the 5 weeks i get. So i will be well rested before i do.

I am not going to be overdoing it either i have my brother Dave and his partner debbie here until thursday which means all cleaning ext will get done and i womnt need to lift carry ect but i do have to be mobile and move around, so i might take slow short walks with them

Hi Di
glad your back home now :):) just rest and recouperate sounds like you have everything in order!
Take care and get well soon
Jayne xxx

It's lovely to see you back again. You have been through such a lot, You take it easy and rest up! Its nice to see you have family to help you out, Make the most of them.
I hope you feel better soon.
Big Hugs X

Sorry you have had a really grim time Di but glad you are home and starting to get better. Sounds like it was a vg job you had the op when you did. I hope now you take things mega easy x

You've really been through the mill haven't you? Put your feet up and take it easy for a bit. Hope you get better soon.

Bonita
xx

Glad you are home and also glad they took care of all the internal stuff that sounds so serious. Rest, and recover, hope it is speedy so you are back to your old self in no time.

Nic;)

Thanks everyone and yes it was serious, could so easily have been terminal if the stones had moved out of the hole they created, thankfully its now all sorted, and i am on the mend albeit in pain for now. It also goes a long way to explaining why i had such trouble eating prior to my op, and while the hormones might play a part in it that also would have as well.

Right time to rest some more just a quick check in with you all as sitting at the PC is somewhat tiring

Hi Di so glad to hear you are home and taking it easy. You have had a tough time by the sounds of things take care and chat soon.

Glad to see your back Di

Hope the pain relief is working well and that you still have your feet up and are not tempted to overdo it :)

Take care Xx Phoebe

Pheobe i overdid it yesterday, made up with a sleep and had my forst pain free period as a result that evening, however still feeling it this morning, the 3 min trek to the GP too 15 mins each way with a sit on the wall outside until i stopped shaking and the shiffle back. now going to have a rest as i have to do it all again tomorrow so my staples can be removed

Hi Di

I can't get over these stones being embedded into your bowel...You were so lucky.
I wonder if your gallbladder should have removed when you had your BP...And would
they have found the stones then?

Important thing is that you are safe now....Speedy recovery and take care.

(((hugs)))

Eek Di, I suspected you might overdo it, don't we all though tbh. The minute we start to feel semi normal again, up we get and push ourselves a little too far. Hope the trip to the docs is easier for you tomorrow, good luck Xx

Snow Crystal, I'm under the same surgeon as Di, my referral to him was for gall bladder removal and bypass, with the intention of both being done together. Our surgeon prefers to do the two operations seperately for a number of reasons. firstly having both done together means you are under aneasthetic for double the length of time which he is unhappy about doing. Secondly, he prefers his patients to have lost a significant ammount of weight before he removes the gall bladder as it it safer regarding aneasthetic and also easier to physically perform the op itself. I was also told that, should the patient have post operative complications, it is far easier to ascertain what the problem is when only one procedure has been carried out.

I had hoped that both could be done together but can see the reasons why he choses not too. I'm thinking in Di's case, perhaps it was a good idea he didnt do both together as she woud have been under far longer than double the ammount of time and as the removal was as complicated as it was, it would have been harder to perform with the extra weight Di was then carrying.

Xx

Eek Di, I suspected you might overdo it, don't we all though tbh. The minute we start to feel semi normal again, up we get and push ourselves a little too far. Hope the trip to the docs is easier for you tomorrow, good luck Xx

Snow Crystal, I'm under the same surgeon as Di, my referral to him was for gall bladder removal and bypass, with the intention of both being done together. Our surgeon prefers to do the two operations seperately for a number of reasons. firstly having both done together means you are under aneasthetic for double the length of time which he is unhappy about doing. Secondly, he prefers his patients to have lost a significant ammount of weight before he removes the gall bladder as it it safer regarding aneasthetic and also easier to physically perform the op itself. I was also told that, should the patient have post operative complications, it is far easier to ascertain what the problem is when only one procedure has been carried out.

I had hoped that both could be done together but can see the reasons why he choses not too. I'm thinking in Di's case, perhaps it was a good idea he didnt do both together as she woud have been under far longer than double the ammount of time and as the removal was as complicated as it was, it would have been harder to perform with the extra weight Di was then carrying.

Xx

I can understand that...

But I do think it is down to the individual surgeons opinion though; my surgeon says that he will remove the gallbladder if it has been problematic in the past...However if they remove the gallbladder you will end up with a lot more pain and discomfort post surgery...(I don't fancy that...lol)

I have had a couple of gallbladder flare ups and know that when you lose weight rapidly they are prone to flare up again.

(((hugs)))

Back