• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Updated moan!!!

kimgkg

Hmmm!! Just an update ... and a moan ... and a way to get out frustration!!!

Saw my consultant at the end of September and was able to advise him that I had been granted funding for a bypass (my diabetic consultant had already obtained that, bless him!!!). He advised that as soon as his team had written approval then I would go on the magical "list"!!!

So, following day, having contacted my diabetic consultant's secretary and kept her updated, I rang Mr Kumar's team and advised that Mr Newrick's office had the info they required. They also advised there was a 6 month waiting list.

This morning I rang, four weeks later, the bariatric team advised they still didn't have funding approval confirmation. :banghead: And until they received that I couldn't go on the list ... which is now 9 months!!!! :cry:

So spoken to my lovely diabetic team and they are going to speak to the bariatric team!!! :argh:

Now just had yet another breakfast!!!!! :(:break_diet:

awww sorry Kim :( i dont think they realise what they're doing to us, hope it all sorts for you soon xxx

Gosh Kim ... I think you are suffering from red tape itus ... :( It is all in a days work for them but sure they can't know how devastating it is to be the one waiting for good news. I hope they get their act together soon & you hear something positive from them, chin up, honey xxx :wave_cry:

Thanks Caren and Denise!!! It's ok ... I understand I am just one of many ... doesn't mean to say I like it!! :grumble:

Maybe I just have to :kissass: a bit more and see where that gets me!!! ;)

I don't like having a moan cos there are so many of us all going through the same thing ... just get frustrated when I am not in control!!!! :whip::giggle: xx

Thanks Caron and Denise!!! It's ok ... I understand I am just one of many ... doesn't mean to say I like it!! :grumble:

Maybe I just have to :kissass: a bit more and see where that gets me!!! ;)

I don't like having a moan cos there are so many of us all going through the same thing ... just get frustrated when I am not in control!!!! :whip::giggle: xx
oh i hear ya Kim, shame we cant just all go private :( he ho

We don't see it as moaning, sweet ... it is getting it off your chest to people who wholly understand what you are feeling ... it is very hard to wait for someone else to make such important decisions about your life. Lets hope it is not too much longer before things get moving for you, honey xxx :):)

What a mess around!!! Really hope it gets sorted soon xxx

Are you under Heartlands too?

Thanks, Fuffs! Yes, I am under Heartlands, too! I have a feeling we have met at the Heartlands support group??? I was the 5'3" fat woman!!!! ;) The one with the very tall husband that came along, too. I've always said that if they rolled me out I'd be as tall as him, and wouldn't have a weight problem!!! However, to be honest as he is only 6'9", I actually think I would probably be a another couple of feet taller than him!!! :D

Not sure if you remember ... or even if I have it right!!??

Anyway ... you are really doing well! Well done!! That's 4 stone loss in 5 months!!! Go, girl!!! Are you feeling better now after the gall bladder etc.? xx

Did you come without him the first time? And said you would bring him the next time? (I could be living on planet Zod with that one lol)

Thanks about the weight. The 4st feels great. Just another 10 st to go lol

Heartlands as been more than a bit of a stress and a struggle. I really hope we both get sorted soon. Can't stop my blood boiling forever lol

I know the feeling of "red tape-itis" that Twinkle refers to.

Unofficially verbally I have been told by South East London PCT that funding for my op was approved at their last meeting on 12th October.

However it is now nearly end of October and no written letter has been sent (anywhere). I phoned up and very cool-as-a- cucumter-couldn't-care-less woman haughtily told me a letter would be sent "in due course".

When the frig is "in due course" if it's not within 7 days of the decision having been made ....?

Not sure who actually wants the frigging letter more -- me, my GP, or the bariatric co-ordinator at the hospital I am with ..... probably me .... what do I have to do, go down to the PCT offices and type the ruddy thing myself ???? **

** quite possibly! :)

I was the same with my PCT and it took 4 WEEKS for my letter confirming funding to get where it was supposed to. I was told that it is because it has to be signed off by 3 different departments, then typed, then signed and then posted. Durrrrrr x

Wow, it is such a nightmare what we have to go through. If it wasnt such a big thing, I would have walked away from this a long time ago. The stress factor can be huge!

We just have to keep marching on!

Hi Guys ... well, its nice to see I'm not the only one!!! :D Not that I thought that I was for one minute!!! :D Anyway I have now had the letter stating that I have funding approved and I will be put on a waiting list and then I will be given a date! So that's a step in the right direction!!! :)

Fuffs, yes, I did come on my own the first time ... and yes, "he" came too the next time!! Although its only about 40 odd miles away, it can take about 2 - 2.30 hours to get there, so I haven't been since ... but I really ought to ... they are such a lovely lot of people there ... and really helpful and supportive. I really think you are doing so well ... keep going, girl!!! I personally just haven't got to grips with a diet at the moment ... it starts every morning and has gone to pot by afternoon!! :break_diet:

Thanks, Magsy and Sharonimo for your support ... sorry you have problems too! Maybe "the powers that be" are just making sure we don't get too comfortable, and just want us to realise that this journey is going to be nothing other than hard going ... and when the going gets tough ... it's us TOUGH ONES that get going!!! Right, girls??? ;)

I'll def keep you updated ... but expect the same in return!!! :) xxx

Back