• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vanessa - Being Slated by the Daily Mail

iheartny

Vanessa Feltz still eating cupcakes despite having gastric band fitted | Mail Online

I'm kind of on the fence with this one. On the one hand I think she is making a rod for her own back and on the other - is it any wonder we struggle when the pressure for our WLS to have immediate effect is so strong.

What do others think?

Some of the comments are just plain evil so I am trying to rise above a red arrow frienzy!

I was encouraged by Anne Diamond's approach and found her input to be really helpful and understanding...

I'm never sure of accuracy regarding comments in any of the papers... Vanessa did well with her weight loss last time around after the split with her long term husband and she put it back on... maybe she will consider a bypass... who knows... one thing for sure there are a lot of critics out there, so we need to take no notice and Vanessa is trying to help herself, we know how hard it is you can't do right for wrong sometimes.

In any event... we won't be deterred by the media since we have a job to do for ourselves and that is for us to get fitter and feeling better...

I am paying little attention to the media hype and just getting on with things... the only people who can really understand us are those who have had our experience and I was also delighted to hear Shaw Somers and other bariatric Consultants speaking so highly regarding the benefits of surgery....

Keep plodding and keep focused on your goal!

Much love xxx

Last edited:
Stuff the papers, after watching one of Katie Price's programmes and then reading the daily mail the next day, they just twisted everything that went on in the programme...... mind you they have to sell papers.

That is one of the reasons I didnt want the band as I know you can cheat it if determined so opted for the bypass, perhaps Vanessa should of done the same - but I do wish her all the luck in the world.

I wish her all the luck in the world too Mary...

She's had some tough times.... and likewise, I ignore the media, it would drive you crazy to listen to the papers...

I also agree with you, that's why I hope to have the bypass...

Just keep on walking past the papers and take no notice... we have our own goals to aim for and we are doing it!

xxx

It don't matter how much money/fame you have it's flipping hard being human!!!

One cupcake doth not make the fat lady fatter! And personally i think she looks great in the top pics xxx

She does look great in the top pics Julie and her hair is brilliant...

Load of chip paper... I won't be buying that!

I just don't react to the media.... it's just not worth it...

xxx

She's only had her band since June give her a chance! The Mail is mainly a load of old rubbish!!! I often red arrow frenzy as some of the readers are so clearly bigotted about soooo many things!

Well for goodness sake what does she expect? She's in the public eye - and her band is public knowledge because SHE told the world about it. And then she goes on twitter posting things like that :eek:

If you ask me she wanted the press - bad or good!

Don't get me wrong - I sympathise with the woman and don't begrudge her a little treat but Vanessa love, stop telling the world about it.

I think it is her life and she can do whatever she wants with it.
If she wants to cheat on a band - she will.
I know it is tough to stick to the diet and everybody is human, so I wish her all the best luck in the world.

But I don't mean I approve of it.

Well done too the person who lost 6st with a band since april 2010. That suprised me as I always been told that the band is a slow w/l compared to bypass/sleeve's w/l so well done to them, 6 stone since april is a magnificant achievement.

All the best - MeJulie x x

as has already been said on this forum a million times, WLS of whatever sort is JUST AN AID, if you don't use that aid to it's full potential you're pissing into the wind....the main thing from this is that altho she most probably wants to be slim so desperately, she has still not dealt with her psychological problems with as to why she is an over eater....losing weight in the main is the easy part, sticking to it and maintaining it plus being in the right frame of mind is in a whole different league....mind you, twitter/facebook/myspace etc are the devil's spawn, like going on Jeremy Kyle and airing your dirty laundry, WHY OH WHY WOULD SHE DO IT????

Exactly Mark. I have announced on Facebook that I'm having the op. BUT I'm not in the public eye and only intended to let people know I was having the op - I would not go back on and post my new (or otherwise) eating habits. But if you post it you have to be willing to take the flak. Like I said - she wanted the press whether they slated or her not. Her reasoning? I have no idea.

Eggcup full of food???

Who are they kidding, that's a mad amount.

I wish they would frigging research stuff properly.

Poor moo, she is only try to beat a life long problem like the rest of us.

It's only been just over two months...I didn't loose much at that stage either.

here's two profound comments for ya:

THE TORTOISE AND THE HARE

IT'S A MARATHON NOT A SPRINT

these thick journos who know chuff all about chuff all commenting on something that has most probably never affected them, they should leave her alone yes, but she should leave it out too, altho i guess in the public eye, and publicity is better than none, keeps people talking about her

Is it my eyes (I'm getting on) but I think you can tell a difference in her weight in the two photo's!!! Not a massive amount but I think that is what happens with a band as opposed to bypass, where the weight is more gradual!!

I agree with the posts here that she is in the public eye so knows about 'courting' the press!! All these celeb's don't believe in bad publicity as good or bad its still all publicity!! Do you think if she hadn't had her band she'd be in the media so much? No!

Having said that I hope she does well & shows the benefits of WLS!

Have a nice week-end everyone..... :)

I a selfish way, I hope she does struggle with the band - just so that the pubic CAN see how hard it is, but I also hope that she gets the results she desires. Vanessa is one of the few celebrities that has been very open about her addiction to food.
Good luck to her I say, however DM manages to show off it's terrible, uneducated journalist skills yet again.

I really like Vanessa and think this was blown way out of proportion. She had 3 bites of cake - as a treat - what's the big deal?
I've heard her talking about her band on UBB and she's very honest about it all, even saying how hard it is. She was saying how people think that if you're big you should just stop eating, but that it's not that easy.
I wish her all the best with her band.

Back