• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Very bad weekend food wise

jaxx

I can't believe what a terrible weekend I've had regarding food! I can't even put it down to depression or anything like that! I've just munched away on anything and everything and it's mostly been carbs, carbs and more carbs. The first bit of protein I've had this weekend is this evening when my bro in law cooked me some spag bol but even then I ate till I was full then waited an hour and ate the rest.

I have been stressed for the last week as I've been cat sitting for my sisters neighbours (six adult cats and seven 5 week old kittens! Including the mother cat who is eating everything in sight) and my anxiety has been really bad recently so much so that I haven't been sleeping all that well. I'm not using this as an excuse, just the reason why my eating hasn't been as it should.

Can I please have a kick up the backside to help me get back on track?

You'll be fine, 1 weekend won't hurt and you know what you need to do as you have written it in your post!

I have had the odd few days the same, but sooner or later my body just says "right, you have had your fun, now back to the serious job of losing weight!".

This evening I could have eaten a horse, ended up having a cereal bar and a muller light. Took all the will power I have to not send hubby to the shops for crisps and dips to watch the world cup final.

Tomorrow is a new day, a new week, and the beginning of a new you.

*kick*

Rx

just look at your before and after pictures to see how far you have come! monday tomorrow! put the weekend behind you and get back down to business! all that pain of the surgery what you went thru to start over eating now! not good! *kicks up the backside* lol well done on your weight loss so far x i cant wait to have my surgery, looking at every1s pictures on here makes me soo excited where as b4 i joined this forum i was nervous about it. luv it! x

Well it seems to me youve got it covered! You have recognised what you are doing wrong and want to change it. Like Rose said, tomorrow is a new day...consider yourself kicked :D x

kick up the arse coming your way !
But seriously, don't beat yourself up about it. We all have these periods where the sensible diet seems to go to the wall in favour of what gives us pleasure. As long as there are less of those days than there are angelic diet days !
As others have said, look how well you've done so far.
The op fixes our bodies but not our brains, and if we were able to be "good" all the time we wouldn't have needed it in the first place.
And to prove the point i've just dipped a rich tea finger cream in my cup of tea !!! ( i will however make up for it tomorrow with salad for lunch and tea lol !)

I have just had a whole week of eating without due care and attention!!! I had cream cakes for goodness sake.. BUT although that was a whole barrage of terrible choices, at the time I was going out of my mind with worry etc.. this is just life and my reaction to it. I wholeheartedly agree with not beating yourself up over whatever slips you are having. The more you worry over what naughty foods you have had , the more uptight and likely to keep troughing them down you will become. Just be objective, curious rather than condemning yourself...like "mmm I must have needed to do that then...what else could I try next time?" and drop it...start afresh as though nothing happened but maybe while you are stronger, arrange some things that will help you avoid self sabotage later on...eg put up your before and during pics on the treat cupboard and fridge with a little message to help you stop and think before comfort eating.
Also get something nice in a smaller size and hang it in plain sight. I have some hypnosis I can send you if you want to try it...just find a quiet moment and listen...if nothing else it will relax you and maybe allow time to cool off the immediate need to eat what you don't want to?
The odd blip happens to everyone..it's human! Just don't worry over it and drive yourself mad with it all...get back to what you know is the right foods as soon as you can and keep moving forward, think positive and the good days will always outweigh the difficult ones x

You overate because you were stressed, now don't stress about being stressed. Put a great big X through the weekend and do what you've been doing prior to it. You know you can do this weight loss malarky no worries, get on with it girl xxx

I think one of the most destructive things we can do is allow ourselves to feel guilty over the odd bad choice after surgery.

Guilt is very soul destroying and funnily enough can make the spiral go tighter and faster.

"Normal" people, whatever the heck that means, enjoy the odd treat as part of daily life and never bat an eyelid. I just want to feel normal around food, without any of the old negative associations.

I am 95 percent there.

This weekend I had a few things but they were in minuscule amounts compared to what I once could trough down. I had 2 slices of of a 7 inch pizza and a slice of lemon cheesecake.

Now if that had been 2 years ago I would have had a whole 12 inch pizza to myself, garlic bread and wings then a quarter of a cheesecake with ice cream and loads of diet cola.

So am I going to feel guilty about the little and below normal sized portions I had - NO WAY!!!

As long as you balance the odd bad choice or treat with some exercise to burn it off, don't allow guilt to bring you down.

This is for life, it's not a tortuous diet, it's your life and you must live it the way you want it.

You know you have the will power to get back on track....we all do. We are just human that's all.

Keep the faith and keep going.....;):):):):)

** kick up the jacksy**

x

:asskick:

You know, sometimes you just have one of those days (or weekends, or even weeks). The good thing is that you realised what you have been doing. Now get back out there and don't make me kick you up the bum again! Good luck! xx

All this violence is awful :) :) xx

dont be hard on your self hun you can get back to it we all have days like this xxxx

Another big kick up the bottom coming your way :)

Don't beat yourself up too much though. Slim people have bad days too! Keep going....you can do this x

Thanks for all the bum kicking, my posterior is feeling a little sore now! lol

I'll be going home tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get back on track more easily. It's difficult when you're staying at someone elses house and they have temptations in the way.

At least I got some exercise! lol

Back