• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this pain because food is stuck ?

jaynefrances

I've been very lucky since my bypass and have had no problems with food sticking or vomiting but think my good luck may just have run out.
I ate some chicken and gravy almost 2 hours ago. It was just purely a portion of chicken, didn't have the rest of the sunday dinner stuff as i wanted a protein boost. I ate till i felt full but didn't push it as far as usual and was quite pleased with my willpower lol.
Since eating it i have continued to feel bloated, which is unusual for me and i have just tried to drink a cup of tea and it really hurts when i'm sipping it (so i've stopped)
Does this sound like the chicken is stuck ?
And if so how long will this last for, its really uncomfortable.:(

Hiya hun

It could be stuck as chicken can be sometimes dry. If I feel like that which happens sometimes I have 1 rennie then it goes away and I am fine again. Maybe someone else will pop by with what it could be too. Hope you feel better soon

Jo
xx

oo gosh from reading peoples posts on here it sounds like it, i read that someone sipped on warm boiled water to help dis lodge it, eeek not nice hope u feel bit better soon x

Is it like a stabbing pain in your chest? If so it could be something as simple as wind! I had it the other week at lunch with friends, it was only alleviated by bending over almost double and my other half rubbing and patting my back for England :) At which point i promptly through up something that looked like clear mucus type crap and was right as rain :) Drinking doesn't help but a deflatine or windeze and a baby burping does it a treat :) xx

I have a wind ease remedy in my handbag at all times now :) xx

Its different to the wind pain i usually get which is why it threw me a little. I've managed to sip a bit more tea and had a walk about and its eased off quite a bit, but my pouch still feels very full. I'm wondering now if i maybe got a bit complacent and didn't have enough gravy on the chicken. Interesting how, even six months on, when you think you've learnt all there is about your op, it still likes to surprise you !!

im 7 months on and still my pouch suprises me everyday, like for about a week or so i could eat for england, but the past fews days ive been only able to eatlil bits which im happy about as i was worried bout me bein able to eat so much, so i increased my drink intake and now i feel my restriction more.

this may sound gross but i can make myself burp, its really helps when i feel like somethin is sitting in my throat, and i hate that feeling, i get really worried and think i wont be able to breathe.

glad ur ok xx

How glad was i sat right on the back seat of the tour bus in Bath last week, whilst my 11yr old rubbed my back to help with a wind pain? :) x

I know the feeling, I had some mashed potato and veg with gravy a little while ago, and it just feels stuck, think I should have pureed it more and not just mashed it with a fork, really painful. Hope it hasn't damaged the pouch? xxxx

same here jan i had jacket pot with cheese and mashed it hard but it is stuck i ate it 5 hours ago and have even had a sleep for 4 hours as i felt so bad but still feel bloted and full . someone told me to drink warm water from the kettle that might help so im going to try it in a min xx

Thanks Tray, have been sipping a cup of tea, which is helping slightly, but am really worried have done damage to the pouch :-(( xxx

Back