• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Very nervous

Badmintongirl

Hi
I've been reading the posts on here for sometime,as I have been considering wls for a long time. I have been overweight for as long as I can remember, so at nearly 50 years of age I've come to the realisation that surgery is for me. I have found the site really informative and have booked in for a sleeve at the priory, Birmingham on 10th Jan. Has anyone had surgery there? As you can tell from the title my nerves are kicking in !!

Hello and welcome!

Haven't heard of the hospital I'm afraid but just wanted to say hello.

Its perfectly natural to feel nervous and maybe a little excited?

Good luck on your journey, not long now xx

Many thanks Mazza.. The hospital is in the edgbaston area of Birmingham. I'm hoping someone can tell me their experiences of either the hospital and/or the surgeon who will be doing my sleeve.

Hello and welcome! I cant help with you queries about the hospital or surgeon but wanted to wish you well. Are you on the LRD now? How is it going?

Hope it all goes well on the 10th, it is natural to be nervous - I was most worried when I wast really nervous towards my op! It is a big life change but it sounds like you have done your research and taken time to come to the decision.

Good luck! Look forward to catching up with your journey - it helps to have diary on here!

Hi Hannah,
I'm on the LRd now, but finding it difficult .....I've just got to keep focused. I think I've probably done too much research
And am now worrying about everything that could go wrong!! I think I will start a diary...it might help to put these thoughts down on "paper"

Hi
I've been reading the posts on here for sometime,as I have been considering wls for a long time. I have been overweight for as long as I can remember, so at nearly 50 years of age I've come to the realisation that surgery is for me. I have found the site really informative and have booked in for a sleeve at the priory, Birmingham on 10th Jan. Has anyone had surgery there? As you can tell from the title my nerves are kicking in !!
The priory has a good reputation so you should be great xxx keeping a diary is a good way to work through issues, thoughts etc and is helping me xxx

Hello and welcome, I'm not that far in my journey so unable to offer advice but can say you have absolutely done the right thing by joining this forum, there will be endless support and advice along the way, good luck with the surgery and please keep us in the loop X

Hello, welcome and good luck. My sleeve has made a huge positive change to my life so id heartedly recommend it ;)

Hi Hannah,
I'm on the LRd now, but finding it difficult .....I've just got to keep focused. I think I've probably done too much research
And am now worrying about everything that could go wrong!! I think I will start a diary...it might help to put these thoughts down on "paper"

Hi @Badmintongirl what LRD are you doing? If you are struggling don't forget to post and someone will be able to give advice or even just distract you for a while!

I balanced my worries by also thinking what could go wrong if I didn't have the op - what direction was I heading, how unhappy I was with my life and weight at that point and the reasons why I had chosen to have the surgery - yes things can go wrong rarely, but things can go wrong just by being obese. I decided that doing nothing was not an option and I had to take that leap of faith and at least try.

I found some songs that I listened to a lot that put into words what I was thinking - my main one was the song Dare from the calendar girls musical I posted about it here and other people put songs that they found helpful/inspirational. I don't know if that will be of any help to you.

Definitely start a diary on here, I started by listing/showing what I was eating each night on my LRD, it helped to keep me focussed and the support of others really helped.

Look forward to seeing how you have been getting on.....

Thanks Hannah. I'm doing the 800-1000kcal low fat food LRD.. Surprisingly I was okay today, probably because I was out most of the day visiting family. I actually nearly worried myself into cancelling the op today!! but couldn't because the office was closed. However after reading quite a few posts today I've decided I'm definitely going ahead with the op. You're absolutely right..... What would happen if I don't go ahead with surgery? 1. I would definitely keep putting on weight. 2.I would have more health problems 3. I would continue to be so unhappy.
At least with this surgery I can start taking control

Thanks Hannah. I'm doing the 800-1000kcal low fat food LRD.. Surprisingly I was okay today, probably because I was out most of the day visiting family. I actually nearly worried myself into cancelling the op today!! but couldn't because the office was closed. However after reading quite a few posts today I've decided I'm definitely going ahead with the op. You're absolutely right..... What would happen if I don't go ahead with surgery? 1. I would definitely keep putting on weight. 2.I would have more health problems 3. I would continue to be so unhappy.
At least with this surgery I can start taking control

Oh lovely Im so glad you didnt cancel today xxxx You've done well to settle yourself down...LRD is hard and im sticking to shake as know I would struggle with diet plan option....i would worry lol xx

Back