• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vibration plate

Big an Bouncy

Anyone use one or a treadmill?Would it be worthwhile getting either?I feel too self consious walking or jogging outside till I loose some weight.Cant swim but will learn when I feel comfy in a costume!Maz x

I really think you should try to use both machines at a gym before you fork out money for them. Fitness first is offering a free five day pass at the moment and I know you may not want to go to a gym but you could pop in there at a quiet time for example 3pm when there will be very few people around.

If you were to choose between one of the machines I would chose the threadmill as the viberating machine is not for everyone. Personally I hate it. I asked my personal trainer to show me how to use it and after two seconds I wanted off. I really didnt like the sensation.

What about walking? That is cheaper and a good starting point.

I'd second what Emergingbutterfly says. A few of my friends use the vibration plates and don't think they are very good.

I use a treadmill just about every day and find it much easier than going for a walk.....that sounds odd but I find the treadmill easier on the knees etc.

Do you have a gym nearby that you can go for a trial session? I know that you're not quite comfortable exercising yet but I found that people in my gym were friendly and just aren't interested in what anyone else looks like and even at my biggest, nobody stared or gave me funny looks.

Best of luck.

I'm pretty sure Bev has a vibration machine...but obviously it'll be a while before she gets around to telling you her experiences with that. As for the treadmill, I have one that I bought from a friend second-hand. It’s a very good model & I was lucky to get it so cheap. I use it at least 4 times a week...and yes, they are kinder to your joints than pounding the pavement!
I think what you need to consider is what would you gain by having one? If you honestly would be unlikely to go out in public/go to the gym for a while, then I personally think it would be invaluable. You can work out at home as often as you like, all year round irrespective of the weather, while watching TV or listening to music so you don’t get bored. You can go at your own pace so you feel comfortable & build things up slowly. Buy the most expensive one you can afford...look for second-hand models in your local paper or on eBay, or gyms sometimes sell off older equipment when they upgrade models.
All that said, nothing makes up for the interaction of being at a gym, under the guidance of those trained in helping you improve your fitness...but even if you bought a treadmill, then joined a gym a few months down the line, you would still use it, so I don’t think it would be a waste xxx

I use one currently, once a day for 10minutes and love it. im seeing good affects too. im pre-band and wondering if any banders use it or even if you can still use it after a band is fitted??

I am a bypasser and use my vibrating machine everyday, I love it, I think one of the unexpected side effects is that it seems to help with constipation!!!!

I'm a sleevie and use mine often too. Not every day but I love the feeling of the vibration going through me!

I'm a bypasser and only started using one post op. Wish I'd got one years ago as it helps with my sore and stiff muscles too. And yes, it helps with constipation! I try to get on every day. Usually first thing in the morning in my PJ's!

Back