• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vibrator - good idea or not

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
My sister in law has bought a vibrating exercise machine & it is better entertainment than anything on TV :8855: After an hour of watching her & my niece (both overweight) trying to use it I thought I would have a go ... my god it took 10 mins for everything to settle back down afterwards. It made things jiggle I didn't know I had. lol. Going on again tomorrow :8855: We have never laughed so hard ... excellent lung exercise too, good job we are not asthmatic or we would have had to call an ambulance :silly:

Ah, the good old power plate, 15 minutes is supposed to be the equivalent to an hour in the gym. I used to own one, the dog loved having a go!

:) heehee what a title to get us reading!

My neighbour has a vibration plate but i have not tried one yet....

LOL everyone ... whether or not it is good for weightloss, it is good for the soul to have such fun ... & all innocent you naughty people. :eek: I may stick with it if we can stop laughing long enough for it to do any good :D

Ive used one at the gym,took some getting used to as it was very powerful.It does relax all the muscles and tendons after a good workout though!

Hilarious ! I need to find one! xxx

i must confess i do use them now and again, they are in the stand up sunbeds that i use,,(not lost any weight but i only use for 12mins lol,)my daughter says the ones in the gym are great cos you can exercise on them ,it makes the excercise more productive,but unless you buy a gym quality one,for thousands ,i dont think they are so great,but im no expert,,but i also think any movement or exercise is a bonus,its personal choice eh?, i love my treadmill!,stick my sons portable dvd player on , and watch a movie as i plod along hopefully after my op il see the end of one of them! haha

Been on again today & decided I must be very easily amused ... :8855: no way I would go on a gym one ... I would get committed :D

omg the title to the post i had to come and have a look, fair play twinkle you have made me giggle haha xxx

I got to admit I was slightly disappointed when I read the whole post...lmao!!!

Ooooh Starr ..... what dooo you mean??? :eek: I should have videoed us ... you wouldn't be disappointed then ... you may have had a hernia though whilst convulsing with laughter. :8855: I cannot believe people go on these machines in a gym unless they are already slim. Still it is good to laugh :)
As I didn't video it, this will give you an idea of what we looked like

:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:

Last edited:
I've got one its great way to tone muscles without getting short of breath no good for cardiovascular workout though.
Found mine at a second hand shop (cash generators) for £70, and got another exercise item half price.

Last edited:
Right ... Well I have been on this machine for the last time for a while tonight ... Having been on it around 7 or 8 times now I thought I was getting to grips with it :) but tonight after doing my standing phase, I stood backwards to get off at the same time as my sisters in law's cat decided it was boring watching me jiggle about & she did a quick exit at the same time ... consequence, rather than stand on her I missed my footing & stood instead on my nephews skateboard (the machine is housed in their garage with all their other gym equipment) I could not save myself & fell backwards onto my brother in laws golf clubs :eek::eek::eek::eek: & now have a broken ankle, broken finger, grazed elbows, very bruised bum, punctures from his stray tee thingies & 3 broken nails ... :cry::cry: when I feel up to it I will go back to the old method of exercising ... The good news is, the golf clubs are OK ... :sigh: :wave_cry: :sigh:

Last edited:
Back