• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Visiting my doctor today, fingers crossed

vicky_notts

Ill be phoning my doctors today to get in after work later to speak to him about referral. I'm feeling really nervous about it. Ill be going straight from work. Just hope I can convince him I need it. X

good luck hun

Just tell him everything, how it affects your life, what u can and can't do etc! You'll be fine :) good luck hunni xxx

Well after getting worked up I can't get in till Wednesday at 4pm. All the years I've been going you call up the morning you want the appointment and you always get in same day ! Sod's law when I want to get it over and done lol
And she's booked me in with the lady doctor who's about 25! Lol didn't want to see her as I think she will just try and say diet & exercise and she's very slim herself. So we will see. Thanks For the support though guys xx

Good luck with the doctor Vicki. I went to mine last week full of doubts on how to put my case forward, but as someone on here said tell it as it is (a bit forcefull in my case). I was pleasantly surprised at the support he gave.

Good luck on Wednesday.

I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised with her.

The first GP that referred me was a young chap - in fact he suggested teh procedure to me. I wonder whether the younger GPs have had bariatrics taught as part of their training.

Write it all down like a letter so you don't forget anything. I did this and the doctor included it with the referral. Success!

Back