• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GOT MY FUNDING!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!

kerry2010

cant believe its actually coming true???
only saw my doctor on 26th may to do forms and give him my folder filled with all my details,
phoned pct thursday to see if forms were received,
and got my acceptance letter today!!!!
cant believe it!!!!!!
an answer in 9days!!!!!
poole and bmth pct must have a rocket up there backside!
just wish it was that simple for everyone, all the story's i read on here of doctors not doing there job probably and people waiting weeks for answers! iv been very very lucky and blessed!
it should be the same for everyone.
my head is spinning cant take it in properly!
now bring on the hard work!
don't ever give up on your dream!
MASSIVE GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!
big hugs and loves.xx:D

Brilliant news!!

My funding came through quick once the GP sent the form but he got it through the south coast funding rather than the PCT.

Hope you get appointments through soon. X x

my friends just been accepted and she got an appointment 2 weeks after receiving her funding letter, and surgery will be done in 16-18 weeks!
so very quick turn around in poole and bmth at the moment!
really thought id have a fight on my hands!
its all gone to smoothly somethings gotta give somewhere? lol.xx

Where are you hoping to go Kerry?

I know some hospitals (like St Richards) work to an 'op within 18 weeks' timescale while others work to first appointment within 18 weeks.

thank you everyone!
suepat iv been refered to the royal bournemouth, and my surgeon is nick davies which im really happy about, he done my cousins band in a private clinic and he is lovely!
i think the royal bmth work to get surgery done within 18 weeks from 1st consultation?
so hoping i wont have to wait to long for consultation?
but i dont mind waiting iv been big for last 30 years so a little while longer doesnt bother me now i know its a yes! it was just the waiting for an answer that way driving me up the wall!! lol.xx

Fantastic news.
We look forward to hearing your updates :)

emo-congrats-2.gif

You are so lucky to get funding in place so quick, took me 3 years from application to get approval letter, and then only 5 days to get my first hospital appointment.

Good luck everybody, hope you all get funding as quick as possible

BigDave

thank you blue diamond! loved the pic made me giggle!!xx

thank you bigdave! yea i am very very lucky thought it was gonna be a nightmare, but all going too smooth just waiting for something to go wrong somewhere along the lines?
but either way all will be good!
glad you got there in the end! good luck with your surgery hun!xx

Kerry so sorry don't know how I missed this. Fantastic news. Yeah bournemouth is really fast on the initial appointments and their op speeds. I saw Mr Davies on the 9th March fir my first appointment, be prepared for a long session. First you meet a nurse who weighs you etc she passes you to Lindsay the bariatric nurse who takes you through the options and you then see Mr Davies who has a quick chat with you do your research on both options band and bypass so you have an idea which you'd like subject to their opinion. Then they send you off to fill in the admission forms, be weighed again, MRSA swabs, bloods and possibly an ECG. Then off you go to wait fir your date. As you know mine is the 5th July so just within the 18wks deadline if I had wanted the band then it would have been this coming Friday at the 16wk Mark so they run to schedule there. Bobsbigboy has just had his done on Tuesday sent home yesterday. About 2wks before the op you will have your pre-op checks a chat with the anaesthetist, the dietitian, milk or 1000 calories options (you choose 1or the other or to do one one week one the next but not both in the same week) and more bloods. If you want a chat with Lyndsay at the same time you may need to make a separate appointment as I had loads of questions I didn't get to ask as she had to rush off to a meeting, so we did it by email. But anything else you want to know give me a shout. I'll message you my contact details if you want a chat or perhaps to meet up.

Congrats! Won't be long now :)
xXx

Congratulations! Its such a great feeling x

cheers thank you all, i got a message off bobsbigboy penepope on another post so be between you both im so lucky i get loads of info on my local area,
got a letter from royal bmth yesterday phoned then strait away and got an appointment for 2moro afternoon! woo hoo!!! cant wait after that just the waiting game for my date.xx xx

cheers babe.xx

Back