• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vitamin deficiency - How long till my op?

natashoorrr

Hiya!

I've been on the weight list for just eight weeks :sigh: but i've had a letter from Derby hospital today to say I've got a vitamin D deficiency so I was just wondering how long roughly it was before people got their op dates after things like this?

I'm doing really well waiting but still.. I want to know :D

I also have an appointment on the dietician in 12 weeks..Could this be a good sign?

Hi

The vitamin D deficiency won't accept your op date at all. The dietician appointment is a standard thing.

I could be wrong but I believe they are currently operating on people who went on the waiting list about the end of last May. x

The waiting list at derby there saying is about 8-10 months at the moment but there's a couple of people on here who have been waiting about a year, iv been on the waiting list for 6 months and there telling me I'm number 16 on the list but then there also telling me I'm going. To be nearer the 1year wait before surgery so they do kinda contradict themselves, as for the vit D deficiency, I have that also but it doesn't delay your op in any way

Well that's good news! I don't feel impatient at the moment because I've only been on the wait list for like 8 weeks.

Kirsty how many times have you seen the dietitian now?

You know I read this reply last night but was too tired to reply so thought i'll do that this morning and i'll ask them all these questions but i can't think of one question now! I guess waiting a year will suck but then again I waited long enough just to get on the list so I suppose its all progress!

Iv been to the dietician twice since being put on the list, and iv got to go once more in may then she said that will be it... I can't wait for my op it's all I think about, even though I want to lose some more weight before then to make the op safer

I don't really know what my thought process is behind it as normally i'm incredibly impatient but I think about the after affects quite a lot like o0o0o when i'm skinny... or I have on my calender a monthly reminder as to how long i've been on the list now but I'm trying really hard not to get too excited because I don't think I can take any more disappointment at this stage!

Kirsty when is your next appointment? I've only been on the wait list for around 10 weeks (so two months and a bit) and I know you had already been on the list for three months when I got mine so you must be coming up to six months? I am judging mine on when you get yours so please hurry up :D

Kirsty when is your next appointment? I've only been on the wait list for around 10 weeks (so two months and a bit) and I know you had already been on the list for three months when I got mine so you must be coming up to six months? I am judging mine on when you get yours so please hurry up :D

Hiya my next app with the dietitian is may 2nd but I called mr Ahmed secretary this morning to see how long the waiting list is at the moment she couldn't tell me but when she looked at my notes and the waiting list she said " oooh your very very close to the top and should be getting and phone call with a date within the next 4 weeks" I couldn't believe it I'm so excieted and it's given me a kick up the butt to lose some weight to make surgery safer as iv put on about 10lb since my last app, iv Been on the list just over 6 months so if all goes to plan I will have been on the list about 8 months when I have my op

Thanks Apples! The pharmacist has taken ages to get my vit d as it was a high dose. They got it in yesterday but it was frozen so they've had to do it all over again.

Kirsty - Thats amazing!! Most days I come on here looking to see if you've heard anything because then I can judge roughly how long its going to be before mine!! I hope its soon for you. My first nephew is going to be born in 11 weeks so i'm hoping when I get to that stage - I will be where you're at now!

I have paid off all my debts etc so when i'm skinny i'm going to buy anything and everything just because I can :)

Back