• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calling all Derby post/pre oppers!

natashoorrr

Hiya!

I'm so confused!!

I've been on the wait list for 8 weeks and i've had a letter from the hosp to say I have to see the dietician in 12 weeks. They have also said I have a vit D deficiency which is at 25 and it needs to be between 80-120.

Does anybody know whether its a good sign I have an appointment to see the dietician or is this just standard procedure until I have the op?

Hiya!

I'm so confused!!

I've been on the wait list for 8 weeks and i've had a letter from the hosp to say I have to see the dietician in 12 weeks. They have also said I have a vit D deficiency which is at 25 and it needs to be between 80-120.

Does anybody know whether its a good sign I have an appointment to see the dietician or is this just standard procedure until I have the op?

Hiya, I'm a derby post opper. You'll see the dietician a few times before your op, so that's normal. They will monitor your diet and weight and ask you to lose some weight before your op As for the vit d deficiency, they will write to your doctor and inform them. You'll have to make an appointment with your GP to get a prescription for a vit d supplement. Having vit d deficiency won't delay your op, most people who are overweight are vit d deficient. Hope this helps :)

Hiya!

I'm so confused!!

Hi

My Vit D was about the same level as yours when I had a blood test in August/September & I've been on Vitamin D tablets since. I'm still only around 40 or so but had my op 2.5 weeks ago.

As Paula says, you'll have periodic dietician appointments until you have your op so a good chance to check you are still on track and also to ask them any questions you have xx

Back