• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

VITAMINS LONG TERM

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Hi, what are people on long term? im on FORCEVAL, FERROUS FUMARATE TABS, ZINC and CALCEOUS(chewable calcium). When do you find is best to take yours? I try and get them out of the way in the morning but for some reason i dont feel great after taking them even though i've split them up and tried them on a full or empty stomach, think i may just hate having to take tablets!

CCPM

Fighting on day by day
Hi Lisa

I take mine mainly in the morning. like yourself to get them out of the way. Vitamin, Selenium + Zinc, Magnesium (my levels are low), Probiotics and then Calcium citrate in the afternoon. Not yet on additional iron as levels are good and B12 is also fine so none yet

M

hopelesscase

omzoprozolx1
iron x2
calciumx2
forcevalx1

dont take iron and calcium at same time as it reduced the absorption of iron,

nolonger take zinc or selanaise as hair loss settled down at 6 months.

hth
carole

Mixman

I take my multivit and mineral in the morning with my other multivit and then I take just the multivit again at night.

I am also going to experiment with some Acai Berry pills as well.

hopelesscase

I take my multivit and mineral in the morning with my other multivit and then I take just the multivit again at night.

I am also going to experiment with some Acai Berry pills as well.

am i right in thinking as a sleever you dont suffer from malabsorption like bypassers hence no need for calcium and iron?

shazbrad

omzoprozolx1
iron x2
calciumx2
forcevalx1

dont take iron and calcium at same time as it reduced the absorption of iron,

nolonger take zinc or selanaise as hair loss settled down at 6 months.

hth
carole

I didn't know that taking calcichew and iron at same time reduced absorbtion of iron :eek:
I take 1x forceval
1x pregaday (iron)
1x sanotogan A-Z complete
1x calcichew
in the morning and at night i take
1x calcichew
1x sanotogan A-Z complete
i also take my other regular meds along with these
levothyroxine
sertraline
seroquel
aspirin (which i always forget :eek:)
and simvastatin
i haven't had any B12 injections yet infact they haven't even been mentioned thus far although Vitamin D has been mentioned :confused:
From tomorrow i will be taking my iron tabs seperate from calcichew thankyou Carole for bringing this to my attention :)

hopelesscase

you need to check to see if you should still be taking asprin with bypass.
Also why the sanatogen if on forcivel you can overdo the vitamins !!! and forcival had them all in,

Silversurfer

Long term the intestine adapts to the malabsorbtion (our bodies are amazing things really) and you may find like me that your consultant ramps down your vits, since my last round of bloods i've been taken of the B12 and Zinc as i was running high on these, though i have a review of this in March so we'll see whats what then, at the mo i'm fine though

shazbrad

well got results of blood tests today and all came back normal :D apart from slight overproduction of an enzyme in my liver but am having that rechecked in a couple of weeks. I was worried in case i had any deficancies due to bypass but unnecassarilly it seems :p.
Carole i take Forceval and Sanatogen as like i said above i was worried about having vit deficancies, i will ask my dietician if i am taking too many when i see her in a couple of weeks time, she did recommend i take 2 multi vits a day the last time i saw her . :) I was taking aspirin because i had what was thought to be either a blood clot or small piece of cholesterol in my eye causing temporary vision impairment but haven't really taken them for a while as my cholesterol levels have dropped since the op.