• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vitamins

lg2012

Hi all

Had my sleeve done on 15th jan so 9 post op n have only been having juice, actimals, and a little chicken soup. I haven't been taken any vitamins but this morning crushed up half a multivitamin tablet n half iron tablet do u think this will be ok until I can start taking solids/tablets?

Thanks for all your support in advance.
Xx

carebear1

I'm three weeks post op(bypass) but the hospital has me on 14 drops of dalivit liquid multivits the ones for babies that taste yucky,You can buy it over the counter. I also take dissolvable calcium and vit D and lanzaporsol.

Some tabs can't be crushed so you should maybe ask a chemist if yours can.

rickysmrs

I've been told to by the Teen a-z range from boots there chewable and take x2

snack

Chewable centrem a/z are the ones my dietician recommends :) x

lg2012

Aww ok brilliant thank you for your help I will look into getting some of them. Also does everyone take protein shake? Who how do you get your protein? Thanks x

ceejay

You shouldn't take added iron unless you're told to do so, especially if you're on Lanzoprazole... the 2 can cause stomach problems. The vitamin drops in a little blackcurrant juice taste ok, but if you can swallow your prescribed meds, you should be able to swallow multi-vits. You shouldn't crush tablets unless your pharmacist tells you it's ok... You could be destroying the working of it by doing so.
HTH

lg2012

Aww ok thanks for that I won't take iron anymore then. Half a tablet wouldnt of done any damage would it? Only meds I'm on is omeplazole (think thats how it's spelt) and there only small. Not sure what Lanzoprazole is? Thanks

pixie_lilly

You can get dissolvable multi vitamins. I still take them now. I have Asda multi bit energise ones. They are orange flavour and great mixed with a little squash.

ceejay

Aww ok thanks for that I won't take iron anymore then. Half a tablet wouldnt of done any damage would it? Only meds I'm on is omeplazole (think thats how it's spelt) and there only small. Not sure what Lanzoprazole is? Thanks

Sure it won't have done any damage, and Omeprazole and Lanzoprazole are pretty much the same. If you have any doubts, talk to a pharmacist or to your surgeon's team. :)

amanda577

Have you tried taking your tablets whole?? I took my vitamins and other medications in tablet form from the day after my op.. I think a lot of people don't need to bother with liquid medication or vitamins xx

Angela1310

I take all my tablets whole, the vitamins a-z r like horse pills :) they gave me soluble paracetamol but I prefer tablet form.
Maybe it doesnt matter what form you take them in as long as you take them?
xx

chillie

I had my bypass on the 29th nov 2012,and I have taken all my tablets and vitamins whole from day one,I have forceval vitamins and chewable lemon calcium tabs and lanzeprole,I haven't had any problems taking them,just remembering to take them is the problem.