• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What vitamins after op??

Andrea73

Hi all what vitamins should I take immediately after op.

My dietician mentioned bassets chewy calcium ones but I can't find them so maybe I misheard him.

Advice please cos I need to get them today.

Thanks in advance. Andrea x

Hi Andrea, I too had Bassetts chewable vitamins with minerals.They were the raspberry ones and they sell them in the supermarkets. Some don't agree with over the counter ones and will tell you to get some on prescription but this is what my team told me to have and I've been fine with them.Are you having band or bypass??? If bypass I think Forcival is the one that the peeps here recommend from your gp, I'm sure you'll get loads of advice from them. Good luckxxx

Your hospital should prescribe all your vitamins for you. Im a bypasser and I was sent home with liquid iron which I have now swopped to ferrous sulphate 200mg (over the counter from Boots). I also take a multivitamin (Sanatagen A-Z Gold - 1 a day). For Calcium, I have a chewey tablet which also has Vitamin d in it - this is also prescribed by my GP as its far cheaper than buying over the counter. Called Adcal D and I take 2 a day which is 2000mgs. You cannot take any of the big pills aside of the Calcium until 8 weeks post surgery if you are a bypasser as they will be too big to swallow. You also need a quarterly B12 injection - prescribed by your GP and he should be able to administer. Good luck!

yep I have all mine on script from the doctor but i have been lucky and havent needed B12 injections

Back