• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

VLCD?

prmdc098

Hello all,

Wondered if anyone has tried, or is currently on a VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet).

I read about them on a NHS website and I have just started one. Here is the NHS site for anyone wanting any info:

Very low calorie diets - Live Well - NHS Choices

I noticed they cant be prescribed so I done a google search and found a company called Saints and Slimmers and I have to say their stock is really good.

Ive been on the VLCD since Wednesday and have lost 4kg.

I am also prescribed Orlistat from my GP to block FAT absorption.

Just wanted to know others experience and stories of a VLCD?

Brian

Hi I have done a couple over the years, Lighter life and last year the Cambridge diet. For me it didn't work as I lost 3 stone in 3 months and put it all back on once I started to eat normally. I also developed gallstones and ended up in hospital really ill at Christmas as 2 stones had lodged themself in my common bile duct. I had my gallbladder out 3 weeks ago at the sametime as my sleeve.

I wish you the best of luck if it works for you.

I'm on exante at the moment, as I want to lose weight for a wedding in the summer. I've been on it a week, but can't tell you my weight loss as I've just changed my bathroom scales as my old ones went caput.

I have found it relatively easy during the day but hard on an evening when everyone else at home is eating, but I have to keep telling myself that it will be worth it. You have to drink loads of water, which keeps headaches at bay, I suppose that is due to dehydration as we get a lot of water normally from our food.

Good luck with it.

Back