• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

W26 SRH

Trina

just wondering does anybody have any information/tips on w26 at SRH e.g. visiting times, can i use my mobile.
Operation Sun 7 Aug been told to go into hospital on Sat 6th at 1.30pm any idea why i need to go in so early starting to get nervous now x

I'm due to have my op the week after and I've received a letter telling me to go in at 1.30pm too. I think this maybe so that we can see the dietician on Friday afternoon as they don't work weekends. That way if you're up to it you may get out on Sunday.

Yes you can use your mobile, or at least I know ladies who have. Visiting times are 2.00pm until 5.00pm and 6.00pm until 8.00pm.

Hi guys
i had my surgery at SRH 2 weeks ago today, i went in on the monday at 3pm... i was settled into the ward, where they did all my admission papers, the consultant came around to see me on the monday, same with the anesthestatist(no it is spelled correctly) , then the SHO came around and took some bloods... then i was left to be until the next morning when the nurses/HCA's came and gave me a gown to change into along with the lovely stockings... the Dietician didnt come and see me until the day after my surgery..i went in on Monday, surgery was on Tuesday lunchtime, and i was on a drip after that for 24 hours... i was allowed clear fluids starting from late tuesday and i had to drink at least 1 litre of clear fluids on Wednesday and by Wed night i was allowed a cup of tea... Thursday i had some ready brek for breakfast..also they need to do another blood test the following day after surgery to check and see if everything is ok...visiting hours were 2-4pm and 6-8pm...hope this helps xx

Trina, I had my sleeve done last saturday at Sunderland and the staff were amazing. There is nothing to worry about. You'll get there for 1:30pm, have a little lunch before you go as it's fruit, yoghurt and water (a cuppa if you ask nicely lol) for tea. You'll be nil by mouth from midnight so drink plenty on saturday afternoon. You'll have bloods done, see the dietician, surgeon and the man who knocks you out (no good at spelling long words lol) then it's all go from there..! You should be discharged by 12pm on tuesday (dont quote me on that lol).
Trina, don't worry at all as you're in safe hands. I met a girl in my room and we had such a lot in common it was like the most extreme girlie spa break ever hehe. Relax and enjoy it xxxx

I'm due to have my op the week after and I've received a letter telling me to go in at 1.30pm too. I think this maybe so that we can see the dietician on Friday afternoon as they don't work weekends. That way if you're up to it you may get out on Sunday.

Yes you can use your mobile, or at least I know ladies who have. Visiting times are 2.00pm until 5.00pm and 6.00pm until 8.00pm.

hiya debz are you in from the 12th? im going in that weekend and looking for a friend hehe
xx

great thread and i too got that letter for a 1.30 admission on the 20th Aug I guess as a gay man I too should look forward to the girlie spa thing lol

hiya debz are you in from the 12th? im going in that weekend and looking for a friend hehe
xx

Hi Louise yeah I am....well as long as I pass my pre-op on Friday!! I'll be your hospital buddy if I get the go ahead lol

Hi Louise yeah I am....well as long as I pass my pre-op on Friday!! I'll be your hospital buddy if I get the go ahead lol

oh good im a little bit less nervous now haha
yes i hope i pass mine i will be devestated if i dont, still havnt had my diet sheet, have you ? :):)

One of the best things about going onto the ward is the new friends you make, a lot of the patients are having wls so you all have something in common. good luck ladies and gent.xx

yes i hope i pass mine i will be devestated if i dont, still havnt had my diet sheet, have you ? :):)
when are you having pre op?

Yes, I got the pre op diet sheet within a few days of the secretary calling me. I would give them a call hun as you need to do it for 10 days and that would mean starting it today!!! Also, I'm sure pre-op should be done 7 - 10 days beforehand so please call them to check everything out

Dont worry about your pr-op visit.... i had Denise Morris... she is wonderful and very understanding...(ps she takes blood, and she doesnt hurt... didnt even feel the needle lol)

Unless things change beforehand I'm on Denise's list for Friday too

great thread and i too got that letter for a 1.30 admission on the 20th Aug I guess as a gay man I too should look forward to the girlie spa thing lol
Phil, it's single sex wards so you'll just have to make do with the guy's lol. There were 3 female and 1 male bay's on the ward when I was in. There was a wiff of Lynx wafting down the coridoor constantly lol, far more vain than us ladies with greasy hair and no slap on. There are no rules regarding wandering in search for friends though:D.
I wish you all luck and health and I can't wait to see you all on here in a few weeks feeling the same way as I do. My mam is having a bypass on the 15th August and feel really confident about her care because the staff in there are Amazing. Jessie a Phillipino nurse was a true diamond and would go out of his way to make sure you were happy and comfy..!
Oooooh i'm getting excited for you all now :D
Katie xxxx

i was told my preop was the 12th the same day im due to be admitted. x
Thats a bit late to correct any problems if there are any, personal message me your full name hospital unit number (begins with X) and a contact number and I will check tomorrow when at work.

Back