• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

waiting for wls

You do wonder whether secretary's etc who double book realise how emotional that date becomes and how changing it can be really depressing or major to the people involved.

recieved a letter today going for my pre op on the 27th april so things moving forward again :)
have checked i will see the nurse to get my pre op diet fill in some forms and see the anethnastist
i have had bloods ,ecg and peak flow done at an earlier appointment and they were all ok and i'm definatly getting my op on the 14th May :)

Last edited:
well its 3 weeks till i start pre-op diet and 5 weeks till my op
cant wait :)

its now 2 weeks till i start pre-op diet and 4 weeks till my op
starting to get a bit nervous now the closer it gets got some new pjs and slippers yesterday thought i'd treat myself so gonna keep them for when i'm in hospital
can anyone else tell me what else i will need when i go in or what they found useful ?

How long will you be in for? Is it at the Royal? X

yes at the royal
they say i should be in 3 to 4 day providing everything ok

It'll be done.before you know it! Fingers crossed for you :) x

drylaw said:
recieved a letter today going for my pre op on the 27th april so things moving forward again :)
have checked i will see the nurse to get my pre op diet fill in some forms and see the anethnastist
i have had bloods ,ecg and peak flow done at an earlier appointment and they were all ok and i'm definatly getting my op on the 14th May :)

I have my pre op at 2pm on the 27th. Was hoping for it to be earlier as we need to drive 90 mins to the hospital and wanted my wife to come with me as I have a terrible memory but we can't get back to pick the kids up and have had to call in favours for my op the week later.

it will be worth it in the end and i'm sure u will be able to pay back any favours tenfold once youv'e had ur op

its now 1 week till i start pre-op diet and 3 weeks till my op
bring it on :D

Not long now Pauline ::) good luck wishing you all the best.xxx

im feeling a bit nervous now start my pre op on monday
keep having weird dreams each nite but guess thats just because im thinking about it all the time

getting stuff ready to start my pre op diet on monday :D

started my pre-op diet today so far so good

day 2 almost over

Keep going Pauline

Hope things are going well? Found days 3 and 4 the hardest but keep focused and all will be good. 3 days til op. last day at work tomorrow! Coming so quick

hate to say it but finding tonight hard so going to go to bed :rolleyes:

good luck for your op when it comes

Hi I'm new here 2, and from Scotland :), I'm waiting for surgery (private), thought I would wish u luck, hope it's a quick process 4 u x

Back