• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

waiting for wls

just wanted to update you all

lots of things happened during my hospital stay but will just give you the basics

well ive had my sugery and im 8 days post op now only got out of hospital last night things didnt go quite to plan i was last on the list on monday 14th (seems such a long time ago ) at 2pm seems i took a long time to come out of recovery as i didnt get up to the ward till just before 8 according to my husband thats when the problems started i cant remember too much as i was doped up but i had breathing problems and severe pain (pain like ive never felt in my life felt like i was being crushed by a 2 ton truck and it was sitting on top of me ) the end result is my op was successful and after 2 ct scans and various xrays they were happy everthing was ok but i have a bad chest infection, sore throat little or no voice and am in a lot of pain at the moment , but felt i would do better at home in my own suroundings since it was only the chest infection that was keeping me there
i know i will get better so only taking 1 day at a time
just wanted to give everyone an update on my journey even though it was a rough ride

Oh Pauline big hugs to you xxx but you are all done now so when chest infection is out of the way you can enjoy your new journey xxx

Oh Pauline...you poor thing. I really hope you start to feel better soon. Take care x

hi there i'm from Edinburgh Scotland and i have been reading the posts here for the last few days and have found them to be most interesting and informative
i am in the process of being refered by my GP for wls in what i gather from here to be a very long process but neverless one i have found myself on
probably like most over the years i have done every diet under the sun and more but have come to the conclusion that nothing really works long term so now find myself on this new journey and hopefully a new me

am interested to find out if there is anyone else here from scotland who has already had surgery or waiting to have

looking to getting to know you all so much better
and congratulations to everyone for all your fantastic efforts so far

any advice would be most appriceated

Hi there!

ive read your post and im from Scotland and waiting to have my surgery. iv been told by my surgeon that he's going to do the surgery and just got to through the appointments with the dietitian's and psychologists. ive probably got about 6-9 months to wait for the final decisions as to what surgery and when im having it but hopefully not too long :)

im new to this too so if you want a chat im here :)

hi kanky ive had my surgery on the 14th may
hope your wait isnt too long

i am finding things difficult at the moment
i had a few problems after my surgery the basics are a bit further back in this post
but i will get there just gonna take a bit longer than i thought
i know everyone has different experiances but it was the pain i was in 1 from the surgery and 2 from the chest infection (always thought id had a good pain threshhold )just imagine the worst pain ever you have had and triple it i also have to keep reminding myself to eat (never thought id have that problem ) and i have no energy also find it hard to sleep for any length of time so i day at a time for me and sticking to what they say is my goal at the moment

Sorry to hear you had such a tough time hopefully now your home you will feel a lot better . Pain has got to be one of the worse things I was lucky not to have any pain post op but over the last few months I have had kidney stones which was very painful went into hospital for 1 night ended up in there 6 nights as they couldn't get the pin under control I came out of hospital on the equivelnt to morphine patches. All the best Wendy

still having to attend surgery every day to have one of my wound packed and dressed each day starting to feel a bit stronger each day but still have pain drinking lots but not eating much some soup and yoghurt

hi my name is joe
im from glasgow 4 years ago i had the gastric band done
on the nhs i lost 5 stone a couple of weeks ago i spoke to my surgeon because i had not lost much weight in the last 2 years so he said i would maby be better going for a bypass he said he would put me on waiting list
that was 3 weeks ago went for my pre op last tuesday
just waiting for a date now dont worry to much about surgery i went in for my gastric band one day and out the next and was fine hopefully it will be the same this time
good luck and i hope you dont have to wait to long

hi joe welcome and good luck on your journey
i have already had my surgery i am now 16 days post op (but i have had a few problem along the way) i wish you every success if there is anything you need to ask dont hesitate i'l try and answer for you
i hope you dont have too long a wait and well done on your weight loss so far

hi its me again im having second thoughts about having the surgery maby to much information is not so good
some times i cant wait for my date but recently ive been scared shitless

dont worry ur just human
think we all go through that
i know i did 1 min i would have killed to have the surgery then next i wasnt too sure
but i know deep down i would never have maintained trying to lose the amount i have to lose over the next 2/3 years like all diets i would have failed misserably and ended up putting on more than id taken off
the surgery is only a tool you still have to use it wisely so i know surgery was the right thing for me i still have a lot to learn and a long long way to go by haveing surgery i know i will get there
remember surgery is a last option for some people not a easy option to be undertaking but if you have tried everything else then only you can decide whats right for you
as long as you have all the information about it remebering things can go wrong but on the whole there are more success than failures thats all you need

well just back from hospital check up 1st since i had my bypass and i have lost 10kg :D i cant believe it
this is the difference since my last weigh in a month ago which was just prior to starting my pre op diet but i and hospital were well pleased :D

That's amazing..well done :D

just back from hospital im just about 8 weeks pre-op and been weighed i have lost another 6 kg that takes it to 16 kg since my op so things looking good weightwise but still feeling and being sick not really feeling too much restriction still

have lost another 2.3 kg just over 5lbs

Congrats, you're doing so well!
Em xx

Back