• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WAITING GAME

janie71

Hi, its been 5 weeks since my doctor reffered me for surgery. Its just a waiting game, im checking the letter box every day, hoping for a letter, anything really. Reading everyones posts about getting there bands and im now feeling a little depressed. Got a letter yesterday from my doctors telling me that ACOMPLIA has been removed and to stop taking it immediatley. Could life get any worse. With my luck, YES.

Hi Janie,

What stage is your referral at, are they referring for funding or to see someone? You can chase up referrals if you've not heard anything in 6 weeks, just go back to your GP's secretary.

Hi Shelbell, no where near the funding stage, still waiting to hear from referral. I know its in the early stages but after having Acomplia taken away what next. Had reductil and xenical both twice. I just feel a little down in the dumps, feeling sorry for myself. Thanks for asking.

In that case Janie I'd call the doctors surgery tomorrow, explain you have waited 5 weeks already, and check that firstly the referral was sent, and when, and secondly who it was sent to. Then, call the hospital, and ask to speak to that doctors secretary, and check that the referral has been received, and what stage it is at.

I understand completely that you're feeling down in the dumps, but now you have a choice, you can either carry on waiting, or get proactive on them :D

Hi Janey, dont feel so down, it takes time if you have read any of my posts you will know that I understand what its like waiting for the postman, I got through all the stages of waiting and seeing who I had to see only to get funding and then be told I have to go through all the stages again at a different hospital etc. It knocked me for six. Hang on in there. Is your doctor giving you anything else in place of the acomplia? If not you need to go ask him for something....we will support you on here as best we can....xx

Thanks everyone for your help, its good to be able to talk to somebody about everything and about the way i feel. Family just think im fat and happy.(crying my eyes out at moment):cry:

Back