• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

waiting list to see surgeon after seen nurse at srh

christine1957

been to nurse at srh today i have lost just over a stone since my seminar in may, seen a dietion as well she said sleve or bypass would be better for me ,she said i do not need a goal weight as i have lost enough but i must keep at this weight, next step to see the surgeon she said about 6months anyone no if this is rite, and is it up to him to say if i can have the opp, what can i expect at this app, what will he ask me im scared now in a good way i think xx

Hi I am a Sunderland bypass patient and they are speeding things up a bit now You will decide together with the surgeon what Op you have provided you maintain the weight loss. Like you I had dropped a stone between seminar and first apt so was "fast tracked" and next saw a surgeon at the same time I had my endoscopy and was listed for surgery there and then! Added to this I found the Sunderland folk so supportive I ended up loosing over three stone before the Op! Keep at it and best of luck

Hi Christine
I saw the Nurse and Dietician on the 20th October they told me it was 6 months before I see the Consultant too.
I have lost 2 stone between seminar in June and my appointment on the 20th and I have also not been set a target weight loss, she did say though I have to stay at what I weigh now or below. They were also very pleased that I stopped smoking in July too.. All we can do is hope we dont have a full 6 months to wait.

Thanks Phil at least you have given us some hope that we may be fast tracked.

Hi I too am at SRH. This is my timetable so far if it helps :)

19/09/10 My doctor for referral
03/12/10 bariatric seminar
04/03/11 seen Nurse and dietician - given target of 10lbs to lose in 5 month.
02/08/11 Seen consultant very brief appointment. He checked I lost the weight then told me they decided on bypass and I would need an endoscopy.
04/10/11 I attended for endoscopy with Mr Balupuri. Then told I am now on list but he wouldn't say how long though.

I too was told the sleeve or bypass by the dietician. I researched and decided on the sleeve. When I was told bypass I was devastated. Still don't want bypass and am hoping they let me have sleeve in stead.

There is a support group at SRH Education Centre this Thursday at 6 - 8pm (27/10/11). It is supposed to be quite good for support. It might help you too :)

Last edited:
Lets hope you dont have long to wait greyputy, it seems to be a very long road we are on, but one worth all the effort to get where we want to be. Good Luck on your wls journey xx

Lilyscent said:
Lets hope you dont have long to wait greyputy, it seems to be a very long road we are on, but one worth all the effort to get where we want to be. Good Luck on your wls journey xx

Awh thank you. Too be honest the time has flown over, just tried not clock/calendar watching too much lol

Giving me plenty time to think and research. Very scary the thought of having the love of my life taken away from me :( all things must come to an end and if that means I will be fit and healthy and not forgetting slim then so be it :):):)

I am at SRH too and this is my timeline.

July 2010 Doctor referral
Dec 2010 Seminar
April 2011 Nurse and Dietician - No target as I had lost 4kg since seminar
October 2011 Saw Consultant. Lost another 6kg since last appointment. Agreed on bypass and now waiting for endoscopy.

Unfortunately for me, when the consultant asked me if there were any questions, it didn't enter mind to ask how long! 'doh'

My husband and I have planned a holiday for December 2012 so I am hoping I will be well on my way to my final target weight by then.

I too was bypassed at SRH. Bar 4 cancellations to see the surgeon, I feel the time passed quite quick! My signature explains in greater detail. Good luck xxx

Back