• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

waiting times - heartlands, walsall manor and other hospitals under SSPCT

oosh i had the same GP problem....my old GP wouldnt even talk to me about weightloss never mind orlistat or anything else....

the new GP has listened and attempted to help...its better than nothing lol

Sorry Mazza I didn't get back to you sooner (I lost the thread). I have been told by surgeon I had to do 6 months weight management but 12 months has been mentioned also. i have done 6 months so far. I saw the consultant on the 17th Jan and he gave me an appointment to see him in July but said he thinks i will be all done and dusted by then so not really sure. Prof. Kumar was operating at Coventry but I am under Mr Menon and I'm sure there is another surgeon who does bariatrics. I might know what waiting times are in the next couple of weeks as my case is going to MDT either today 26th Jan or 10th Feb. Not sure how Kumar leaving is going to affect Cov though I'm sure it will somehow.

Sorry Mazza I didn't get back to you sooner (I lost the thread). I have been told by surgeon I had to do 6 months weight management but 12 months has been mentioned also. i have done 6 months so far. I saw the consultant on the 17th Jan and he gave me an appointment to see him in July but said he thinks i will be all done and dusted by then so not really sure. Prof. Kumar was operating at Coventry but I am under Mr Menon and I'm sure there is another surgeon who does bariatrics. I might know what waiting times are in the next couple of weeks as my case is going to MDT either today 26th Jan or 10th Feb. Not sure how Kumar leaving is going to affect Cov though I'm sure it will somehow.

Thanks for the reply Snooky, maybe all will be explained when he sees them in May but 3 years is a long time and its getting him down :(

Sorry for hijacking your thread MissyMustDoIt x

Sorry for hijacking your thread MissyMustDoIt x

dont be daft, all info is a godsend as you can look for teh answers without making an appointment at the GP.

i love it when a thread goes of tangent.....you find out things you wouldnt have known otherwise!

Hello Moffintop and others from walsall and surrounding. i have been tuned down for funding by the walsall pct because of my low BMI of 42 and no comobidity. However i was been referred by my gp and gyneacology because i got PCOS which is a fertility problem and i cannot receive any other fertility treament unless i undergo this surgery since my body is insulin resistant and i gain weight all the time. So can u guys help me with the appeal procedure or what i can do next.

Hello Moffintop and others from walsall and surrounding. i have been tuned down for funding by the walsall pct because of my low BMI of 42 and no comobidity. However i was been referred by my gp and gyneacology because i got PCOS which is a fertility problem and i cannot receive any other fertility treament unless i undergo this surgery since my body is insulin resistant and i gain weight all the time. So can u guys help me with the appeal procedure or what i can do next.

im sorry i dont have the answers....you could try speaking to PALS in your area for advice....

other than that, start a new thread asking for appeal advice, i know there are a lot of people that have had to appeal xx

Hi all,im a bit confused now, I had my first appointment last January 2011 with Prof. Kumar at University hospital Coventry, i've since been back to see either the nutritionist or another Dr on the team quite a few times. Im off again tomorrow (19/4) to see the dietician and in May to see Prof. Kumar. I have an appointment with Dr Kendrick in July, but after reading the times here, im starting to think that im being given the run around as my whole time so far has been 15 months under the team. I dont know if this makes sense to anyone, but shouldn't i have at least been approved for funding or something else by now?

Back