• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Walk was nice

Sarahxxx

Went out first day today since my band was fitted Tuesday , it was lovely to be out but I was very shaky and only managed about half hour , it seems to have made the wind pain worse and it just won't go :( can anyone tell me will I always have this pain when I drink or eat or will it go for good one day ?? God I hope so it's so bad feels like iv broke my shoulder :(( xx

Hi love im so glad you enjoyed your walk but not so glad that you are suffering.
I think you are on your 4th day and i was still suffering then...im on day 9 after my bypass and i started feeling a little better on day 6/7. Honestly lovey it will get easier and its terrible while its happening. Try leaving longer than the 30 mins between eating and drinking cos i wish i had, ive learned that im not suffering with any wind now as i leave a bout 45mins to 1 hour between eating and drinking....this helps me totally but we are all different.
Each day will get easier love really it does and when i felt like you i thought this was going to be with me forever, but it wont, trust me you will feel better again very soon.

Sending you a big hug as i can still remember how it feels, its shocking. Huggs. xxxxx

sugga said:
Hi love im so glad you enjoyed your walk but not so glad that you are suffering.
I think you are on your 4th day and i was still suffering then...im on day 9 after my bypass and i started feeling a little better on day 6/7. Honestly lovey it will get easier and its terrible while its happening. Try leaving longer than the 30 mins between eating and drinking cos i wish i had, ive learned that im not suffering with any wind now as i leave a bout 45mins to 1 hour between eating and drinking....this helps me totally but we are all different.
Each day will get easier love really it does and when i felt like you i thought this was going to be with me forever, but it wont, trust me you will feel better again very soon.

Sending you a big hug as i can still remember how it feels, its shocking. Huggs. xxxxx

Thank u sugga I'm just so glad that it won't be like this forever cus this pain is worse then any pain iv had in my tummy , I'm still on liquid diet so not had food as such yet living off slim fast mostly , I know it's still early days so gonna stay positive just can't wait to get back to normal , so I can feel normal get around normal and eat normal food (but small portions) :( xxx

You will get back to normal, you wont ever get back to how you were before though. It does get easier and Im pleased you enjoyed your walk :D XX

Glad you enjoyed your walk Sarah, the fresh air is uplifting and shakes some cobwebs off... hope the shoulder pain soon eases too for you. Love and hugs xxx

Sarah i personally think if your starting to feel shaky towards the end of your walk then you've gone too far. You have just had a surgery and although it's good your mobilising please don't overdo it too much early on.... Pottering around the house will help with your wind just as much as walking for half an hour....

Can you get some 'deflatine' or windeze? I personally favoured deflatine to help with wind. However as Andrea says it does take some time to shift and it probably is the worst bit about surgery (so says me who had it open and still thinks wind was the worst bit lol). It will feel better as each day goes....

Now remember, short 5-10 minute walks throughout the day are better than 30 minutes that leaves you wobbly. Recover and get to know your new best friend Bandy :) xx

I agree with Julie hun, 30 minutes is way too much at the mo. Take it easy and do your walking in smaller chunks, it'll all count ! xx

Thanks guys and think ur rite the next day felt like a step back cus I'd over done it so gonna take it slower from now on :) xx

Back