• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling weak and shakey

piglet8

I had my bypass on Saturday and in hospital I felt absolutely fine but since coming home on Monday I just seem to feel more and more lethargic and frequently get clammy and shaky with a rapid heart rate. I'm conscious of the fact that in hospital I had 3 liters of fluid IV so I'm trying really hard to drink properly, yesterday I had over the day 1 x slimfast, 1x Atkins shake, 250 mls of tea, 750 mls water and 500 mls of NAS squash and I also managed a couple of spoonfuls of yoghurt and soup. I don't have any real pain from the op just this utter feeling of rubbishness, is this normal and does it look like I'm getting enough in and will this feeling go away???

Sounds normal to me, it's the medicines and stuff leaving your body. It takes time and lots of rest too. I slept though the 1st two weeks more or less. Just relax and keep up the fluids it'll start to get better soon.

Anna

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I agree sleep is the best thing so early and keeping hydrated,best of luck!Maz x

You seem to be doing well with your fluid intake - better than I did.
I could have slept the clock around for the first two weeks and had next to no energy for a week or so more so take it easy and rest up :)

Thanks guys
I'm glad it all sounds normal, I suppose it took me by surprise as I expected pain, which I have had none off, but feeling this weak and weepy feels very odd. I can't seem to actually sleep during the day but spend it horizontal watching telly and movies, I seem to struggle with books at the mo. I have never been a very good patient filled with patience before!

just another quick but totally unrelated question. How much yoghurt is to much?? I just found myself sipping through a 125g yoghurt over 1 hour! Its very difficult to listen to my body at this early stage when it dont really tell me im hungry or full.

1 small pot over an hour no its not to much nor to fast even as early out as you are. Think how long it would have taken you pre-op minutes so an hour to eat what is after all a normal pot isn't to fast. Your body will tell you when your full, as taking your time to eat allows it to shout at you in a way you'll gradually hear & understand.

Back