• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i have my gastric band in 4 days. any advice greatly received!

cheryl

hi ,my name is cheryl, i am 41 years old.
i have struggled with weight on and off since i was 18. i am looking foward to being able to keep it off.goodbye fat me:wave_cry:. are there any banders out there with some advice for post op.
i have my band done by dr sigmusson at the dolan park this monday coming.
will i be ok?
i have kept this a secret from most people, they all think i am on detox.:D

hi cheryl,
i had my band 9weeks ago with mr sigussdon at dolan park. you will be fine the hospital lovely and staff great.. are with WGA or THG?
takecare emma

i am with the hospital group. what was the worst thing about the op? and has there been any negatives. i am looking warts and all. please

how much did you loose on you pre op diet?

my diary/thread has my whole journey in (secret diary of a gastric bander) - I was banded on July 14th this year. My tip would be to go for it - best thing I ever did. Oh and get some gripe water to help with the post op wind pain! Good luck :)

4 days! I wish I had only 4 days, I've got 11!
I even called the hospital today to see if I could have a cancellation next week if they have one! Lol

Im seeing the nutritionist at the hospital tomorrow and my surgeon is in so they said they can ask him tomorrow if I could have it brought forward or not. I bet I'll have to wait! Im just too impatient! LOL

Good luck Monday, at least we'll only be a week apart so we can share experiances!xx

Hi, I`m having my band done at Dolan Park on the 28th, but its with Dr Paul Super. Has anyone heard of this guy???

Hi Cheryl, i'm a bypasser but just wanted to say welcome to minis and good luck with you op. look forward to following your weight loss journey xx

thank you so much everyone for your messages.
today is day 5 off the milk diet, it is torture. i so want to eat but am determined.my parents are not happy with me having it done but are supporting me.they just think i should diet. if i wasnt having this op i know 100% i would have given in on day 1.i love food. i really hope that this is a good decision.

hi im Dolan park to on the 26th, have been doin part of the pre-op diet all week lost 4lb, thought doin it a week early might help, have been having last suppers for a month, times up!!!didnt do the milk diet as cant tolerate milk, so doin another 1 they gave me...good luck to you all, your doin great...brill support here.x

well girls. i am now terrified. but cant stress how much your support means to me. i want to keep a diary for you all. does anyone know how i do that in this forum. x

viv, you are a week after me , i wish it was on the same day.good luck. have the reached the nervous stadge yet

Hi Cheryl, it's perfectly natural to be scared before any operation! There are lots of you on here going through the op at around the same time which is great for you all :)

Most of us who keep diarys on here just do it as a thread, but give it a diary title, like Ali's secret diary of a gastric bander. If you want to do that just click new thread on any of the pages :)

Back