• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sorry haven't been around

mummykcb

But i ended up having one of the major side effects of surgery. I have a pulmonary embolism and have been very unwell due to it. My weight loss has been good since surgery but only because i havent been able to get in a huge amount of fluids without feeling ill.

Ohhh poor you. Hopefully you are now on the road to recovery x

I got taken to my local A+E department with shortness of breath, but due to having an O2 saturation of 99% and normal respiratory rate, at first they didnt know what was wrong. After lots of tests they found that i have a blood clot due to the surgery and not being given Clexane to go home with even though i informed THG that i'm very immobile due to having Fibromyalgia and Palindromic Rheumatism. I'm now on Clexane for another 7 days to hopefully break down the blood clot, but i have a scan soon to see if its been broken down.

Goodness, sorry you've had to endure all of that ~ wishing you an onward speedy recovery Kat x

I'll be honest, on Thursday night i was seriously regretting surgery after finding out i have a PE as this could've been deadly. But now i know that if i didn't have it i would of carried on getting bigger and bigger and ended up with cormorbidities.

Oh how scary for you. I'm glad you they found out whats wrong, hopefully this will be the end of the problems for you now and you can start to make a full less eventful recovery. All the best x

Oh how scary for you. I'm glad you they found out whats wrong, hopefully this will be the end of the problems for you now and you can start to make a full less eventful recovery. All the best x

Thanks, and wonderful news that you got to be a size 22 yesterday. Thats one of my goals as i only have size 26 and 22 jeans, missed out 24 lol. Its a great feeling to be shrinking.

Have u found that thg haven't been very helpfull in terms of aftercare and pain management? Or we're they the ones who advised u to go to a and e?x

Have u found that thg haven't been very helpfull in terms of aftercare and pain management? Or we're they the ones who advised u to go to a and e?x

It was actually my close friends bariatric nurse from Spire Portsmouth that told her to tell me to go Asap as it wasnt nornmal to be able to breathe. When i contacted THG afterwards they told me it was just one of those things even though i told them it was avoidable if they have given me the clexane to go home with. They are not helpful in the least. They have told me that the fact i'm only taking in around 1- 1.5l a day isn't an issue even when the a+e had issues getting my blood because i am so dehydrated. Pain management was a joke. i had 2 liquid tramadol the whole time i was there and they sent me home with infant paracetamol which is laughable with the fact that tramadol doesnt even really take much off of the pain. Have requested a defill as struggling to get much in but the earliest they could do it is Wednesday and i called Friday. It better get better or there will be complaints

I'm having a de fill Tuesday, I'm fining it hard to breath, burning sensation in my wind pipe, mainly having bed rest still can't get out and about, massive stomach pain and only drinking about 800 ml of water a day and they don't seem bothered!! Called them 3 times so far and only had op on Monday :( x

I'm having a de fill Tuesday, I'm fining it hard to breath, burning sensation in my wind pipe, mainly having bed rest still can't get out and about, massive stomach pain and only drinking about 800 ml of water a day and they don't seem bothered!! Called them 3 times so far and only had op on Monday :( x

Same here, they said as long as i'm able to swallow some fluid i'll be ok and was told struggling to breathe was normal. IT IS NOT. please see a doctor asap as i thought it was and i have a PE due to not moving much. I was told to wear the stocking for 48 hours but went against their advice as i know lack of movement after op can cause PE but the fact i only had 1 clexane injection meant that i got a clot. My mum is absolutely furious with THG as their incompetance could have killed her only child but the fact that i have a great friend who saught advice from her bariatric nurse helped me get the life saving treatment quicker. Am really wishing i had gone to Spire now.

Well I've spent a week literally in bed, did u find breathing hard all the time? My legs don't feel funny?

Yes i did find breathing hard all the time, still do atm cos of the PE but my legs felt and still feel fine. you can get a clot anywhere, not always in the legs that travel.

Back