• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bricking myself what have i done?

hopelesscase

Sorry this may be a bit of a long one.

As some of you know im a foster carer for children with disabilities and am classed as a multi link short break carer. The little girl i have with me at the moment has sever autism, epilepsy, learning and physical disabilities. She was really unsettled this morning so i decided to take her out fro a walk to the local country park. Its a big hill down to it so decided she could walk down and i would take her wheelchair and push her back up if she was too tired.

Once we got going she was really happy and we walked along with me singing her favorite nursery rhymes. Its the only way to get her to walk forward. we had walked around the lodge and were just feeding the ducks when she had a massive seizure. It lasted more than 8 mins so i was just going in my bag to get her rescue medicine out when this drop dead gorgouse fella came over to see if he could do anything.
I asked him if he could just support her head wilst i drew her medicine up and administered it. It took a couple of mins to work and she finally relaxed and was then out of it.
We were next to a bench so he lifted her onto it for me so i could sit and wait for her to sleep it off. Luckly we always have a throw on her chair so he then covered her with that.
He stayed and chatted for a while and then a girl with downs syndrome appeared with a boy. He introduced them as his beautiful daughter 12 and his mini me son 10. They both wanted icecreams so off he went.
About 10 mins later he reappeared with a cup of coffee and one of tea saying i didnt know which you prefered. It was a very welcome site and that was just him.
I turns out he is a widow his wife died 4 years ago from a brain heamorrage after tripping and hitting her head on a curb.
His 2 children sat and ate their ice cream and were so well behaved and then they played football whilst we sat talking.
we had been sat there for about an hour when my little one started to make signs of waking he offered to run us home but i said the walk would do me good. he aske for my number so he could see how she was later. i was a little unsure so gave him my old mobile number.(plugged it in as soon as i got in) He then helped me get little one into her chair and i said goodbye and went on my way.

Not expecting him too but hoping he would call he just has and we have arranged to meet for a coffee after i have been swimming tomorrow as he lives in horwich where i go swimming.

I will be getting out of the pool early so he doesnt see my wobbly bits. He knows what i do for a job but doesnt know i used to be twice my size.
Hes 5 years younger than me and works as a personal fitness instructor so you can imagine his physic.

Its been 20 years since i last had a partner as i decided that when i had my son and found out that his dad was married that i was going to devote my next 18 yrs to him and be the best mum i could. I have never really though about being with someone but i have to admit the thought of having someone in my life would be quite nice and im not wanting to read anything into it but im bricking it.!!

Sorry this may be a bit of a long one.

As some of you know im a foster carer for children with disabilities and am classed as a multi link short break carer. The little girl i have with me at the moment has sever autism, epilepsy, learning and physical disabilities. She was really unsettled this morning so i decided to take her out fro a walk to the local country park. Its a big hill down to it so decided she could walk down and i would take her wheelchair and push her back up if she was too tired.

Once we got going she was really happy and we walked along with me singing her favorite nursery rhymes. Its the only way to get her to walk forward. we had walked around the lodge and were just feeding the ducks when she had a massive seizure. It lasted more than 8 mins so i was just going in my bag to get her rescue medicine out when this drop dead gorgouse fella came over to see if he could do anything.
I asked him if he could just support her head wilst i drew her medicine up and administered it. It took a couple of mins to work and she finally relaxed and was then out of it.
We were next to a bench so he lifted her onto it for me so i could sit and wait for her to sleep it off. Luckly we always have a throw on her chair so he then covered her with that.
He stayed and chatted for a while and then a girl with downs syndrome appeared with a boy. He introduced them as his beautiful daughter 12 and his mini me son 10. They both wanted icecreams so off he went.
About 10 mins later he reappeared with a cup of coffee and one of tea saying i didnt know which you prefered. It was a very welcome site and that was just him.
I turns out he is a widow his wife died 4 years ago from a brain heamorrage after tripping and hitting her head on a curb.
His 2 children sat and ate their ice cream and were so well behaved and then they played football whilst we sat talking.
we had been sat there for about an hour when my little one started to make signs of waking he offered to run us home but i said the walk would do me good. he aske for my number so he could see how she was later. i was a little unsure so gave him my old mobile number.(plugged it in as soon as i got in) He then helped me get little one into her chair and i said goodbye and went on my way.

Not expecting him too but hoping he would call he just has and we have arranged to meet for a coffee after i have been swimming tomorrow as he lives in horwich where i go swimming.

I will be getting out of the pool early so he doesnt see my wobbly bits. He knows what i do for a job but doesnt know i used to be twice my size.
Hes 5 years younger than me and works as a personal fitness instructor so you can imagine his physic.

Its been 20 years since i last had a partner as i decided that when i had my son and found out that his dad was married that i was going to devote my next 18 yrs to him and be the best mum i could. I have never really though about being with someone but i have to admit the thought of having someone in my life would be quite nice and im not wanting to read anything into it but im bricking it.!!

What a lovely story!?! At the very least, it sounds like you've made yourself a new friend there..... fingers crossed there's more to it than that for you, but even that wouldn't be a bad outcome!! :D

You go gf! Like Kopcat says, the very least you have made is a new friend! :hug99:

these things happen in peoples lives when they least expect it, you have brought up your son now, and you have the chance to start a new chapter in your life as the new found you.
he sounds a nice caring person

i say go 4 it !

liz x

awww u made me cry ... sounds like a love story from a mag .. or a book lol ..

sounds like a great guy .. and your a great woman so hey what ever happens happens ..

i wish u all the luck and make sure u keep us updated i wana know everything lol xx

awww u made me cry ... sounds like a love story from a mag .. or a book lol ..

sounds like a great guy .. and your a great woman so hey what ever happens happens ..

i wish u all the luck and make sure u keep us updated i wana know everything lol xx

Everything? Oo Brett, ur such a card! lol! xx

Aww Carole, what a lovely story.

He's obviously seen what a lovely person you are otherwise he wouldnt have asked you out for a coffee. Thank goodness he was there to help you with the little girl. Talk about fate!

He sounds lovely. Enjoy your date for what it is hun. Just be yourself and he cant fail to like you.

And we want a FULL update when you get back lol

Good luck for your coffee tomorrow! A little bit of excitement does wonders and if nothing comes of it, like everyone says a new friend will have been made!
xx

Woohoooooooo go you Mrs! Am chuffed to bits for you, after giving so much to your son it's about time you had a little bit of excitement for yourself.

You'll knock him dead tomorrow, will be waiting for news!

yeah right.

wow you lucky lady...he just saw what we all know.....that your gorgeous in so many ways xxx

aw straight out of mills and boon. good luck for the coffee date, sounds a lovely bloke.

This thread made me smile, it's so sweet. It couldn't happen to a lovelier person, I am surprised with how fit you look these days that you don't have coffee dates every day!!

Best of luck & hope he is wowed because he would be out of his mind not to be!

Nic:)

That is such a lovely tale. Like everyone says straight out of a novel. Poor little one. You are obviously a lovely caring person to do what you do and he saw that.
A new friend.....or maybe more. Dont worry and enjoy yourself. :) xx

pmpl i have just re read what i posted as i couldnt understand the mills and boom comment.
should i get the bucket now.
I just dont do romance suppose once bitten, ive always just wanted to bite back.
Just put little one in bed and had a steam and shower scrubbed myself with an exfoliater for 10 mins whilst in the steamer. What am i doing?!!!

So Carole, What are you going to wear?

Lol Carole, I want to come and visit you just so I can have a go in your mega shower/steamer thingy. It sounds fab

Back