• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wat did u say to work??

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
Hi all a quick question to all u post oppers wat did u say to work? I'm a health care assistant currently on maternity leave until feb/march, I did get told my op will b Jan/feb so work wasnt gonna b a problem but as the days go by I'm thinking maybe I'll b bk at work when I get a date so my question is did u say wat op u was goin for?? Did u get sick pay?? Was ur work ok with u?? I work for the nhs at Solihull hospital I don't know wat to say to them?? Xx

I told them exactly what I was going for and they were fine. I got full sick pay for the 6 weeks I had off.

Thank u mixman I think I'll do the same then hopefully I get sick pay!! Maybe I should tell them now that um waiting for a date and I'll need time of?? Did u need 6 wks off? Is that everyone that needs that time of or was it bcus of the job u do?? Xx

Laura i work for the nhs too :)

Best thing you can do is ring your payroll department and speak to whoever does your payroll. I rang mine and she told me my entitlement. I'm sure maternity leave won't interfere in your salary but double check to be sure...

As for the op! I'd make an appt to go in to see your manager and have a frank and open discussion with her. Maybe tell her you're hoping it will happen while you are still on maternity leave but pre warn her it might not :) xx

excellent advice from Julie.

I told work the truth and my boss was very supportive. I was back after two weeks but I get up to 26 weeks full sick pay anyway

Great advice of u all thanks so much I think I'll have a meeting with my manager and explain and hopefully she will understand!! I am entitelled to sick pay but just wondering if because it's something in choosing to have would I still b entitled x

Make sure they know the NHS is funding your op hun, and say its not something you have entered into lightly, but something which your GP put you forward for for health reasons.

i have only told my managers boss.. about the bypass.
as far as the staff on my ward where i work are concerned, i am going in for gynae surgery.
my good and trusted friends (about 10, i have told)
remember..... a person you work with is a colleague, a friend is a friend..
hope that makes sense..
x june

I had 4 weeks off full pay. I told work and they were fully supportive and have been great about me doing slightly shorter days on my first 2 weeks back.

Thanks ladies xx
Juney I was thinking of saying that it was that too!!
I think I'll spk to my manager the ward manager about it see wat she says the only other person above her is matron so I think I'll go to my manager xx

I haven`t had WLS, But am waiting to hear if I have got funding for a TT.

I also work for the NHS. Well, Surrey PCT, And I also wasn`t sure if it would be considered sick leave as I am opting to have the surgery :confused:

I have been referred for medical reasons though, Not cosmetic. So I am hoping that makes a difference. I have mentioned to the Drs and Nurses I work with that I am hopeful but never really see my manager (I`m based in the clinic and she is based in the hospital) so I don`t think she knows?!

I have just started another new job today in a shop and haven`t mentioned to them. I`m not hopeful of getting the funding, So figured I would wait to hear first before mentioning it.

Wow, Sorry, I waffle a lot!! lol

Xx

I dont get sick pay so i think im going to find it harder to have alot of time of work, i will have to have a chat with the boss and maybe go back alittle earlier than i should, hopefully i will be ok as my job is sat at a desk so it wont be so bad, all the best telling ur boss laura i'm sure he/she will be fine x

I have only told my manager and I trust her. We have decided to say it's planned stomach surgery. I know the jungle drums will start once I lose weight. When I am ready I will tell people the details. To be honest I am quite proud of myself in taking this decision as I think its a hard decision to go for surgery and is definatley NOT the easy way out. After this journey will I care what people say or think? Nah... this is my time now.

Lin xxx

Back