• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The 'what did u try to do before WLS' thread!

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
Don't know if u guys already have this, but what did u do pre WLS to try shift the bulge....i'll go first:

I've done:
WW
SW
Hypnosis
Paul Mckenna Weight loss
Got a Personal Trainer!
Low Carb
Not eating after 6pm
Xenical

Hmm i'm sure there are more things ive done but i cant think at the mo....so what have u guys tried to do....of all the above Paul Mckenna and WW was the best...but its so hard to go back/stick to them!!

Ive tried:
WW
SW
Cabbage diet
Egg diet
Grapefruit diet
Vitaline diet
Jaws wired
Xenical
Reductil
Duramine(prescribed speed!)
Basically every diet known to man!!

I've done:
- Atkins
- WW
- South Beach
- Xenical
- Gym on a daily basis
- Low Calorie
- Herbalife
- Chinese Appetite Suppressant Similiar to Reductil (which turned out to be a really really dangerous drug with 300% more drug than was recommended on a daily basis :eek:)
- Cabbage Soup Diet

We should all write books lol

Ive tried

WW
SW
Cambridge plan
Xenical
Reductil
Cabbage Soup
Starving myelf ! .. (i know i know)

I really need to get saving!

I've tried
WW
SW
High Fibre Diet
Rosemary Conley Hip and Thigh Diet
Reductil
Xenical
Calorie counting
Rice only for three days a week
Acai Berry
Hoodia

Probably a few more that I can't even remember.

I am going in the opposite direction as there are a lot less.
I have not done,
Atkins
F Plan
Scottish Slimmers

You name it and I've probably done it. The most effective one was not dieting for a year. For some reason I lost over 2 1/2stone. It was the same with my pregnanacies.

wow so many things ppl tried!!

LOL at not dieting being the best thing..... shame that doesnt work on me...im constantly on a diet and balloon like a maniac when preg...actually last time i managed not to only because i became very diabetic! had no choice but to eat well for the sake of my daughter as she was having issues!

OMG jacqui...you was on the perscribe Speed!!!!....

seriously..i think i have tried everything..
.i had the best results with xenical(5 stone loss)

I remember being 13 and on the Cambridge diet!!!

I think out of everything , I got good results with Paul McKenna and Atkins.
The problem was me, I stopped doing them and got complacent, or impatient...or looked for something quicker or tried to accomodate my own rules, eg eating a load of rubbish and kidding myself I was doing it properly.
The band has made it 100 times easier to stick to a plan but it's still my responsibility to keep doing it rather than abandon it and then moan and wonder why I was still fat like I used to.

Back