• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What pre op did u do??

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
Hi was wondering wat pre op diet u have all done I see a lot of the milk diet, iv been reading through the information the dietician gave me and there's lots well there's the milk and youghurt one, the food one, slim fast by it's self or combined or lightalife I just persummed ild do the milk one as if I do the food one I feel I may over eat and ild hate to get into surgery and them not b able to perform my surgery!! I did say to the dietician I'll do the milk one and she said just b careful Cus u will b eating alot of yoghurt and milk after the op so u don't wanna b sick of the stuff from the pre op and now it's got me thinking??
just wanted a few ppls ideas or what they did, I want to lose weight b4 and I'm eating healthy as from 3 wks ago to try and lose weight but on my pre op I wanna lose more wat do u suggest?? Xxx

O can I also add I've got a 7 yr old and a 6 month old I don't wanna do a diet where I feel ill and not able to look after them I'm sure as long as I drink plenty I'll b ok xx

hmmm hey hun, ive read a few people doing a diet of 800 cals, vvvvv low fat, hopefully there ll come along so they can give you a daily food guide, i think j.u.s.t.l.i.z did that actually xx

Thanks Hun wat one u gonna b doin?? I did have my heartset on the milk one but now I don't know I know it's a hard one but I just wanna succeed and do well, I was looking at the slim fast one xx

I agree with the dietician - you will be having a lot of yogurt and milk post-op so you may sicken yourself of it.

I did the food one. It was hard but not horrendous. The terrible hunger settles around day 3. The good thing about doing the food one is that is a little easier to do it for a little longer than asked - therefore ensuring your liver is nice and small.

Awww good idea Hun! I was speaking to a lady who done the food one and she ended up having the sleeve cus her liver was too big so she must not of followed it correctly which makes me feel as I'll end up like her not that a sleeve is bad if that's wat I end up with that's fine but I'm goin for the bypass and would like to think that's wat I'll end uo with xxxx

Hi laura,
I totally try and convince you NOT to go with the milk and yoghurt one as you will get sick of it and then wont want it Post op and you need it more then..... I did the slimfast, x2 shakes a day and a healthy dinner at night, it is hard but you can do it, see it as a means to an end!!! and hopefully like me you will only have to do it for 2 weeks and that will fly by, and if you keep it in your mindset that your really cannot cheat, as they will know by the state of your liver and if its bad they wont do your operation...... so it helps keep you focused!

hope that helps Honey.....

Hi Laura,

I wasnt given a choice at my hospital. Its the milk diet for everyone unless you are diabetic, but can totally understand your dieticians point of view. You do get sick of milk and yog as for the first few weeks post op you will be surviving on that.

Its great that you are healthy eating and getting into good habits before the op, but remember, the pre op diet isnt for weight loss, its for liver shrinking. Remember that hun, as the surgeon will not be able to do the op if the liver isnt properly shrunk.

Thanks both for ur replys I think I'll do the slimfast I know it b hard but I know wat I get at the end will b worth it iv gotta do it for 3 wks which I'm sure will fly by thanks xxxx

i have to say laura im that paranoid about my liver not being small enough i think i will do the milk doet, do srh give you a choice then?... if i did the 800 cal one i think to it would be to tempting to stray off it and think ooo its only another 100 cals etc or not read labels properly, but with the milk diet you know where you are.... tho i hate milk and dont really eat yog so ill struggle whatever xx

The only thing that kept me on the straight and narrow with my pre-op diet was knowing my surgery was at the end of it. If I had got to surgery and then was told they couldn't do it because my liver hadn't shrunk I would have been devastated.

On any other diet I WOULD have cheated but knowing for sure there was an acheivable goal at the end of this one (the op) was my incentive.

Awww Kel carnt u do another one like the slim fast if u ain't too keen on youghurts and milk?? I know slimfast is milkshake bur might b better than milk, that's wat I'm
Gonna do I think!
Kay I think that's y I'll have the determination to stick at it cus I know I'll have my op at the end
Thanks for all ur replys xxxx

the end result is the ONLY thing thats keeping me going , my op xx

I done the low carb one, as milk is not my best friend and slim fast make me sick, I was not really getting into the swing of things until the last week, where I decided to cut out all the carbs and have protein, I didn't really watch how much protein I was taking, when I went for surgery my liver was absolutely fine and small enough to do a bypass. I spoke this over with my dietician so she was aware of what I was doing. It worked for me but maybe not everybody xx

I did the milk one by choice, as a diabetic I could have done the food one but I thought I might cheat more if I was allowed food! Its was really hard and I was sick of milk and yoghurt post op but I think it was the best choice FOR ME.....that doesnt mean it will be best for you though. Have a good think about it and do the one you think will be the easiest for you to stick to :D Your liver will be nice and small for surgery then :D XXX

thats the same for meee dotts to xx

Yea me too that's y I wanted to do the milk diet I think I'm gonna read through them then read again so I can make a decision I know I'll b able to stick too thanks for a ur messages very helpful :)

Back